Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

new rattie?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Tapir, May 15, 2010.

1. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

I have two girl rats, Chandon and Perignon. usually they get on fine and snuggle up together, then other times they are scrapping, squeaking like mad at each other and crashing round trying to pin each other down. I was hoping to get another, but is this a good idea? or could it actually settle the group?

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

All my girls (and the boys too!) have noisy scraps but I don't worry too much as no blood is drawn & they all pile together at sleep time, could you get 2 young rats to add to your group? Then the youngsters can play together & won't be lonely when the older 2 pass on:)

3. dawnie24

dawnie24 PetForums Junior

i have 4 rats and recently got another 2,one of my rats was soo funny she did a side walk up to them her tail went stiff and she pinned them down there was alot of squeeking but later on they were all asleep together so dont worry i also know someone who has 30 rtas lol

4. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

I have a group of 7 girls and they do have a scrap every now and then but I never worry as it is just natural and as long as there is no blood everything should be fine.

You would be better to get 2 younger rats than just the 1 as when your current 2 get older and pass you would be left with a girl on her own.

Hope that helps x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice