UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 10 month old rotti cross shepherd. she is the best dog ever, so loving and placid and really well behaved. She is trained really well too, as in toilting and walking etc.

I have also just brought a new puppy to be her friend. It is actually her sister, they have same mum and dad, so i thought it would be ideal for her.

They get on really well and pepa (older dog) is treating her like her own pup.

However today pepa has come into heat. Is this forced because of the new puppy?

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
As Rona says, it sounds normal, anytime between 6 and 18 months is normal for a first season.

Are they littermates? if so, the your new girl could also come into season as bitches living together do tend to bring each other into season.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi i have a 10 month old rotti cross shepherd. she is the best dog ever, so loving and placid and really well behaved. She is trained really well too, as in toilting and walking etc.

I have also just brought a new puppy to be her friend. It is actually her sister, they have same mum and dad, so i thought it would be ideal for her.

They get on really well and pepa (older dog) is treating her like her own pup.

However today pepa has come into heat. Is this forced because of the new puppy?
Sounds perfectly normal and nothing to do with the new pup. Dogs can have their 1st heat from 6months old (depending on the breed) so i guess it's your girl is growing up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.