Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Puppy..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ralphandruth, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Ralphandruth

Ralphandruth PetForums Newbie

Hello all, Ill introduce you to my knew puppy.. This is Ralph Lauren.
    Im just seeing if there are any other Chihuahua owners, or anyone who can give me tips. I have had dogs before some additional information would be good.
    Also he is stud dog.. so when he is old enough how do i go about this?
    Thanks
    Ruth :D

2. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

Hiya :)

He's a wee cutey right enough.

But if you don't mind me saying....he's not a stud dog...he's just a baby. Enjoy the puppyness for the time being. You'll only find out if he's good enough to stud when he's all grown up and had all the proper health tests carried out. Pedigree papers don't count for everything in these cases.

3. Starlight Express

Starlight Express PetForums Member

Are you going to use him to stud in the future or is this just an idea?

Keeping a male dog entire without using him for breeding is cruel in my opinion. All those hormones built up, can cause behavioural changes and frustration. So he would have to be used for stud regularly. If not using him for stud, the best thing to do would be to have him castrated.

You have a few months yet to decide what you want to do as he is still so young, so make sure you do your reasearch.

4. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

hes very cute, enjoy him.

but yes, hes not a stud dog yet. you will need to see how he grows and matures first. and get all appropriate health testing done before you can consider it.

5. Ralphandruth

I know that he is not old enough yet.. im just looking into.. and asking how people go into doing it.. I have learnt that if he is not used as well it can cause cancer so if i werent going to use him as a stud dog i would defffo get him neutered!

6. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Just make sure you get the health checks etc done that a relevant for your breed before you actually do stud him. If anything comes back then I wouldn't use him, and to be fair doubt anyone breeding correctly would hire you as a stud either to be honest.

Enjoy your pup, he must be tiny!!! :p

7. Ralphandruth

So what do u mean i douby anyone breeding correctly would hire you as a stud either to be honest.. is that meant to be a sarky comment

8. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

I'm sure it wasn't a sarky comment. It's just that over time we see lots of folks on here who think that because they have a good looking dog...then it's a prime canditate for breeding. That's not always the case. There could be health problems in the dogs lineage and KC registration and breed papers really don't mean anything unless your dog has good genetics and is 100% healthy.

If you don't mind me asking...why do you want to stud your wee dog?

9. Ralphandruth

I did not say that i was defffo going to do it.. i just said who would i go about it! (if i did ) Im only asking for info.. doesn't people have to say stuff like that..... its just rude and Tbh i did not ask for His/her input i just asked for info in general... Obviously i wouldnt just go into it... MY my

10. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Cute.................

11. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

12. Ralphandruth

13. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

No!? I mean that if you don't have him health tested then I doubt anyone breeding correctly would hire you as a stud?!

That's not sarky nor is it meant in a nasty way...:confused:

14. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

aww he is so tiny.

Like the picture with him and the biscuit.

There are chi owners on here sure they will pop along and say hi :001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice