Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New proud owner of a Shih Tzu.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lindy Lou, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Lindy Lou

Lindy Lou PetForums Junior

WOW!!!! What a fabulous forum!!! I'm the very proud owner of a beautiful Shih Tzu named Buddy aged 15 wks. I had been searching the internet looking for as much info as I could find and on tips and came across this forum I've never had a four legged friend before. My son's girlfriend has the most gorgeous Shih Tzu and I fell head over heels with him. That was it, I searched high and low for the puppy I wanted and of course the breeder that I had confidence in. With a lot of searching and patience I now have the most beautiful friend. I'm like a new Mum all over again, my Hubby says it's my menopause baby!!! I should have done it years ago but never had the confidence and didn't know whether I would be able to give a dog what he needed, due to the fact that I had never owned one before. Wow, was I wrong!!! I'm amazed that I have adapted to this new experience and I must say it's one of my best decisions. :thumbup:

2. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

3. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

oh we want pics. we want pics, we want pics...........well you get the idea lol.

4. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

hi congratulations and welcome xx

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Congratulations and welcome to the forum, oh and as bichonsrus said we do really really need some puppy pictures.

6. Lindy Lou

Hi, many thanks for such a warm welcome, I can't believe I'm so lucky to have Buddy. I'm crazy about him and can't wait every morning to see him. His Daddy (my Hubby) is just brushing his coat. After a lot of patience he has come to love having it done, especially before he goes down to sleep, it is very relaxing. I have put some pics in the gallery and my profile. I will do my best to attach some on this reply. Forgive me if I don't succeed. Once again thanks for a lovely welcome. P.S. Any advice as to how to put photos here please.

7. thedogsmother

8. Lindy Lou

DSC_0878.JPG

DSC_0890.JPG

Hope I have done this!!!!!

9. thedogsmother

Omg, he is just too cute, can I have him pleeze?

10. Lindy Lou

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Lindy Lou

No way The dogs mother!!!!!!!!!!! He's mine all mine!!!!!!!!!! I'm so, so proud of him, he has a wonderful personality. I can't believe he's mine.

12. thedogsmother

I'm starting to get the impression that you love him;).

13. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF xxx

14. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

he is so cute my sister breeds them she has 7 and they are so loving and welcome to the forum

15. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

I want himmmmmmmmmmmm pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee his colouring is gorgeous too omg hes beautiful!

Ive never known much about Shih Tzu's but my fiances elderly mother got one and now I am bestotted by the breed, beautiful calm loving loyal i love them!!!

16. caroleduffin

caroleduffin PetForums Member

So lovely to read your message about Buddy. Shih Tzu pups are gorgeous. My Jasmine is 7 months old now and is just the best dog ever! I can't remember life before her! She is sociable, loves all dogs, all people, plays with my grandchildren constantly, just gives a warning growl if they pull her around too much. She has my permission to do that, and the children know.

The only problem I have had with her is toilet training. She was very slow to pick up the rules. Maybe it was just her, but one or two people have said that Shih Zhus remain puppies for a long time, and remain immature, which is lovely, but maybe this hampers the toilet training. I don't know.

However, she is now pretty reliable, but anyway it was a small problem compared to all her lovely character traits.

Good luck to you and Buddy.

Jasmine's mum

17. Lindy Lou

DSC_0878.JPG

Many thanks again for your lovely replies. Yes, Jasmine's Mum, they are a wonderful breed. Buddy is the first dog I have had and what a great choice I made in choosing a Shih Tzu. They are such a placid dog and yet playful. He is such a dote. Buddy is doing very well with the toilet training with only a couple of accidents in the wee department. Having said that the door is always open, which I suppose is easy for him. I don't know how we will manage when the really bad weather comes. Will he let us know then, that he needs to go outside? He had his second lot of injections when he was 11 wks and would you believe the Vet dropped him on his head. I can still hear the noise in my head and that happened 5 wks ago. My heart sank and I felt like crying. Buddy cried for a while and was quite traumatised but thank God he was ok.
    We have a problem with him eating his pooh and I don't really know what to do. My friend has a 9mth old Shih Tzu and he does the same.

18. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum

What a sweet looking puppy

19. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF..;)

20. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome, I have a shih tzu who is 8 years old her name is SukiSue, she is spoilt rotten and rolls over onto her back for her tummy to be rubbed, when she is up on my lap and someone new comes into the house she growls then watches them constantly then she wants down and goes over and rolls on her back and waits for them to tickly her tummy. she is sooooo funny.
    Have your little one done the grunting yet, it is a noise that flat nosed breeds do, they snort loudly and it frightend me to death when she first did it, i thought she was going to die of not being able to breath, but it is only them clearing there airways, it is their trachia there is a flap in the back of their throats and they do this when the flap gets a little stuck SO DONT WORRY IF YOU HEAR IT DO THIS. lololol
    My Suki have perfesional grooming done 3 times a year as her fur dont grow very quickly, but others have to get it done every 3 months especially in the summer when it is hot. They are sooooo cute when they are little puppies such beautiful faces and so fluffy. I love the breed, I also have an old timer collie cross cav, and two chihuahua. Teigan had puppies 5 weeks ago and I am weaning them at the moment. Take care and enjoy your little baby. xxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice