Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Neighbours

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Jun 5, 2010.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

We've had new neighbours across the road from us for about 8 weeks, I do know the father as he lived in the same street as I did as a kid, tho he is around 6 yrs younger than me.

Without sounding nasty, as it's not meant too, he wasnt quite right, he was a very loud, cheeky, obnoxious in your face sort of kid, I always spoke to him I felt a bit sorry for him, & he'd often tag a long with a few of us as long as he was not being a pain, but he was hard work.

He now has 3 lads of his own who are 3 times worse than he was!!! they've had 5 different council houses because they kids are so badly behaved & mum & dad dont deal with them very well & ignore a lot of behaviour!

Im so looking forward to kids going back to school on Monday but dreading the 6 week summer hols!!! because it's been so hot, the doors & windows are open & all week all i've heard is them screaming shouting swearing & arguing with each other, all kids argue but these 3 are so loud you wouldnt believe, & if they cant get their own way the start kicking the family car or the front door or banging on the windows etc screaming & crying on top note.

All of which their parents ignore! all day yesterday they were using the empty bin as a drum all 3 of them beating hell out of the bin with sticks again which was totally ignored, they just can not seem to play without fighting screaming & shouting, they range from 12 to 7, & the language is choice!

My own daughter had learning problems but because she was taught right from wrong & if she was out of line she spent an hour in her room or she was grounded! we never had any complaints from neighbours, my only run in with them is to tell them to stop teasing my dogs because if they do end up getting bitten it's their own fault.

With the guidence these 3 are getting (or rather the lack of it) I dread to think what theyre gonna be like 3 or 4 years down the line!

Im gonna start stocking up on head ache tablets now ready for the summer hols, because they've done my head in for a week, dread to think what I'll be like after 6 weeks of summer hols!

2. cherry

cherry PetForums Member

I feel so sorry for you. I actually moved once because my neighbours were so noisy. Can you try and find out if any agencies are involved with them? If the problems carry on they will probably end up getting moved again, but this doesnt solve the problem, it only transfers it to somebody else. :(

3. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

They've only been there 8 weeks, Im hoping after a while they'll calm down a bit, I know the middle one has problems by how destructive he is & the way he screams & shouts.

But it is annoying when theyre out playing from 7am some mornings so the noise starts then & doesnt stop till at least 10pm!!! The way theyre fighting & being so loud I think it'll be one of the neighbours on their row that reports them Im across the road & 4 doors up & you'd think they were in my garden when they start!

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

We had simular in our street, summer holidays were bad, we all made complaints to the council and also to our housing inspector, we were all given diaries to fill in, times...what happened...how long it went on for.....the time it stopped.......was police involved etc etc Housing called them in for interveiw and were given a warning. They did calm down for a while but started back up again months later, police were called and it then stopped for a while again, next time they were told by our housing that they could end up loosing their house if nothing is done about it. Well they did eventually get evicted, and now causing the same problems with their new neighbours where they live now. It is so unfair on the other tennant and their children. Our little estate is alot better now.

5. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

My parents have nightmare neighbours! the 2 boys are a nightmare, the mum works all day and leaves the boys at home with their gran who has no control over them. they are forever smashing their ball up against my parents fence, shouting and once they climbed up and peeped in my sisters bedroom window.
    The worst one was one summer my dad had cooked up a lovely steak dinner for himself and my mum and they had sat down to eat it outside when the kids lobbed a ball over the fence at the table and my mums dinner got knocked all over the floor! If i had been there it think i would have climbed over the fence and strangled them... dont like kids anyway, specially naughty ones!!!
    Feel for you xx

6. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Gawd I feel for you... How are you now?

I am dreading the summer hols.. I only have two boys but they are mates with a family of 7 kids... Luckily they are all well behaved and I think alot of them... But having there 5 lads stay over and my two boys is very tiring.. hahah Not to mention the fact they all hang outside my house for some reason.. lol with the rest of the clan.. I walked out today and was greeted with water bombs being thrown at me, the terrors..lol

I do hope your situ sorts itself out.. is there not a kiddy group for kids in your area.. if so maybe you could talk them into going along..lol Or even maybe a park?

7. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Still suffering hayfever but got shot of the chest infection at long last took 6 weeks to shift it!

There arent any play groups for kids here really, but they arent really approachable kids either lol My answer off them would probably start with F & end with F too lol

It's not that I dont like kids I worked in a primary school for a few years, just these 3 are obnoxious badly behaved little twerps! & sorry to say they run rings round their parents who arent really the sharpest tools in the box!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice