Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New neighbour who has brought a problem..

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by AmyCruick, Jun 29, 2010.

1. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

In the shape of a cat who has no fear of coming into our garden :(

Our neighbour has said we have permission to spray him with the hose to keep him out as he used to eat rabbits and she is worried he'll go for them which we have been doing but I feel so mean, don't like to be nasty to any animal :( Will the cat learn though through doing this and stay away?

Have only let my rabbits out when I can sit outside with them, daren't leave them unsupervised now as I'm so scared the cat will eat one of them but I feel so mean cos the rabbits keep looking out the window wanting to go out into the garden!

Why can't they all just get along?! grrrr

2. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

I wouldnt ever leave my buns free ranging without supervision anyway, cats never come into my garden normally, but we had one recently, its not been back but i wouldnt risk it.

3. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

When they're out I always keep an eye on them as our garden is surrounded by the whole downstairs of the house so can see them from every room so they're not technically 'un-supervised' when I say supervise I mean physically sitting out with them which I think I'm going to have to do now. Will have to take a pic of my garden so you can see what I mean, its basically a courtyard in the middle of the house but this cat has found a way in over the conservatory roof.

Will spraying the cat with the hose teach it to stay away or am I wasting my time?

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

It should teach it, it should realise it gets soaked everytime :p Is there anyway you can fix those rubber spike things that go on fences to where he climbs in?

*Heidi*

5. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice