Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New mouse problem!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by peter0, Jan 6, 2012.

1. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Okay so as you all know i intro'd 2 groups of 2 girls into one big cage. Bino is doing the normal, bum sniffing and mounting to show whos boss, whats expected. She has taken very well to her mini me (Rudolph). Anyway the girl Lou who was previously being bullied is now bullying one of the babies. Shes not just doing the normal mousy stuff like Bino but attacking poor little Jingle. I also think this is what happened before. She attacked Danger Mouse but as she was smaller she got beat up. I think Lou chooses one mouse from each group and really bullies them. I've seperated Lou into her own cage just now whilst i get some help. Should i try and into the two older girls back into the group and leave Lou on her own? Or do i pair Lou with Bino? (They get on okay, they have little fights but not as bad as any others she's been in) Or any other ideas? Any help would be much appreciated:eek:

Edit: Now Bino is doing the same to poor little Jingle but not to Rudolph :(??

#1 peter0, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Do you have a carry case that you could put the bullies in separately for a while? I found this happened with some of mine and gave them a time out which stopped the bullying. Failing that you could keep the bullies together in a separate group or separate them and try re-introducing them a few weeks later.

3. Acid

Acid PetForums Member

i agree, dont keep her on her own though they need company

4. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Hi thanks for the replies. Today i put them all in the bath for a bonding session, (all 6 girls) whilst i cleaned there huts, wheels etc and after put them all back into the one big cage. Theres been a few scuffles and squeaks but nothing serious. Mostly bum sniffing and mounting. My old girl Pickles has made little Jingle feel at home. Jingle follows her about like mad and i'm sure they're in the same nest together. All the other spare cages are up and ready for anything bad happening but fingers crossed it works out:)

5. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Well at least they seem to have settled now :) That is good news that Pickles and baby Jingles are getting on so well :) Fingers crossed that they don't start fighting again :)

6. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Thanks, hope they dont either! Lou is a bit skittish of Danger Mouse but i'm sure she'll calm down after she realises shes not going to attack her, just sniff her bum:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice