Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Mice!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by owieprone, Jul 2, 2009.

1. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

Apparently, i will be a mouse owner by the time i get home tnite courtesy of the husbands mistress.

She bought them for her kid but they've started biting, which for a 4 (i think) y/o is abit daunting so husband has said we will add them to our menagerie lmao

looking forward to it, i'll attempt to stick photos up but as i'm crap at that sort of thing don't hold yer breath.

Not entirely sure where in Rat Town they're going to go as the only desk is covered in husbands paper pile for sorting (has been for about 6 monts now and is steadily getting higher). I can see me sweeping it all into a bin liner and sticking it in his car to make room (as it's a 2 seater i'm sure he'll actually notice it). :D

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Ooooh can't wait to see piccies, mice are fantastic pets.

3. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

we already have 5 rats and 2 cats. i've never had mice before, they'd better be as intelligent as the rats or husband can look after them lol.

4. thedogsmother

I've had rats as well in the past and I would say as far as intelligence goes the rats are the winners, mice are still very clever though and really cute, Just a warning though when I was much younger two of my mice escaped and ran over the rat cage and the rats grabbed them and killed them.

5. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

OOO.. hope you have piccies soon :D
    I would love some mice but i have soooooooo many cages and hammies now that i just dont have the room

6. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Yes, pics aplenty soon pleaz. :D

7. u-look-like-a-hamster

u-look-like-a-hamster PetForums VIP

PICCIES PICS PICS PICS

awwh congrats!

8. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Mice are lovely pets and with patience can become so tame.
    Our two are sweeties.
    Be warned though males do smell very very bad.

9. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Yeah, they can smell bad. I have a good air purifier though and run it two hours a day, and I never ever smell the male musk.

10. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

bah, we had a male rat and he hardly smelled at all compared to our filthy girl rats so i doubt mice will be worse, besides they'll just get the old bath treatment if they do.

I wouldn't put the mica's near the rats just in case, but generally i wouldn't ahve thought nez would allow any harm to come to them.. she loves other furries and mothers everything.. she even thinks the cats are worth investigating.

11. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I have gotten completely used to male musk, I never smell any of my mice even when I clean their homes. The air purifier I use is just to clean the atmosphere and visitors have remarked that they can't smell my males.

You bath mice?

12. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i bath the rats, it's part of 'playtime' they drag Fish (small wind up fish) about the bath, fish thoroughly enjoys himself. they have a good old clean in the water (it's not very deep, barely past their bellys) and if they're particularly dirty we have some shampoo for them (usually only for ill or old rats tho some of the younger ones are right lazy gits).
    some of them love it, others don't but they can jump out when they've had enough.

don't see why the micas wouldn't like it too.

found out tho that we won't get them till next week as mistress doesn't want to meet me lol, so she will drop them round when i'm not in. i'm well excited.
    i think we're going to call them brembo and revo, as they've not got names just now. I'm still not sure what sex they are but i'm not bothered they're both white and black and one has a bit of ear missing so it's very reminiscent of our dear departed Rolly just mouse sized instead of giant rat sized :D

13. thedogsmother

Do the rats seem huge now that you've got the mice? When I got Spike (my dwarf hamster) the Syrians looked enormous.

14. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I have a Red-Eyed White mouse with a badly split ear when I got her. I'm used to it now after having her more then a year, hardly notice it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice