Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Member Off Of Kent

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by youngalfie, Sep 16, 2013.

1. youngalfie

youngalfie PetForums Newbie

Hello, Everyone

I am a new member, just recently moved to Kent. Not really sure what to put so I'll just put an introduction about my dog!...

I have a (about) 4-and-a-half years-old Jack Russell x Lhasa Apso, named Alfie, who I got as a rescue dog when he was (about!) 18 months-old. Initially, when I first adopted him, he was with me pretty much all the time as I worked on a farm in Suffolk and he was (sometimes!) useful for helping to move livestock about!

Then I left my job there to go and live with my girlfriend in Canterbury - but as she wasn't allowed to have pets there Alfie went to stay with my parents temporarily - I always wanted to have a dog when I was still living at home, and now my own dog was there while I was away!

But then this August my girlfriend and I moved to a house - that allowed pets! - on the South coast of Kent, to be closer to work - which, alas, does not!

That's a bit of a potted history I suppose, but I think it'll do as a start. I try to be the best I can for my dog to be the best he can be(!). It's all been, and still is, a learning curve as he's my first dog and I'm still learning, unlearning and relearning all the different training methods to find the right one for both of us.

That should do it for now - I hope to become a frequent visitor and contributor as I ask, and hopefully answer, a lot of questions about everything dog!!

Sincerely

2. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

A very warm welcome to the forum.

3. j4nfr4n

j4nfr4n PetForums VIP

Hi welcome to the forum to both yourself and Alfie :)

4. Shiny

Shiny PetForums Member

Welcome to both of you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice