Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New member. Bitch on Day 52

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by foxyroxy1979, Mar 29, 2011.

1. foxyroxy1979

foxyroxy1979 PetForums Junior

Hi everyone my name's Rox and I'm new here. I have a bitch on day 52 and wondered if anyone else has a litter due soon too? I went through the whole of the "Journey of a first time litter" thread and was so taken by all the support and kind words from everyone. I was hooked for hours!!

2. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

And i'm still here if you need help, there are people with more experience than me but i'm only to happy to help as i was helped.

What is your bitch? age? how many ties?

3. foxyroxy1979

She is coming up to 2 years not sure if I can say the breed. I know on some other forums you can't. She had 3 ties, I have the sire too. She had a scan at day 45 and vet said 2/3 but I don't tend to trust scans on numbers. I loved your story, better than any reality show!! Did you keep any of the pups in the end?
    xx

4. You can post the name of the breed on teh forum if you want to. I know some forums dont let you but you can on this one. :)

5. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

No i didn't sadly Becasue i couldn't register them in the end there was no pointin me keeping one to show. further lines mum was spayed becasue of the deaf pup as well. However we are looking into getting another Dallyt his year and we are going to be going through the Dalmatian Club this time etc etc.

SO by end of the year i am hoping to be showing a puppy! lol

is she 52 from tie 1 ,2 or 3? and you can say your breed name on here.

6. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

Keep us all updated i love a good whelping/ puppy thread :D

7. foxyroxy1979

Ok then, she's a solid gold shih tzu with a black mask. The dad is a brown and white one in the winter then he turns grey and white in the summer!! Candysmum, I remember one of my vets saying he and his wife breed dally's, he may be a good source for one? She is 52 from 1st mating or she would be 48 from the 3rd. I'm really excited but so scared too. I had a really bad experience with a diff bitch 3 years ago so I'm trying to be extra cautious (you can probably tell since its taken me 3 years to decide to do it again!). If all goes well this is actually my first litter so all help and advice is greatly appreciated. My first question is about cutting or clamping the cord, it seems opinion is pretty divided on this subject. I'm worried about hernias especially with a shih tzu. Any opinions?

8. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

I let candy do it all. apart from lucky pup number 3 who flew out of her mother and the cord snapped lucky there was enough to clamp and i did so.

I just had some metal clamps (like flat sissors) and i left them on for about 10 to 15 minues until the cord sealed. i didn't tie them or cut them. Candy did a brill Job with drying them and their cords. I did help a bot becasue when your shooting pup after pup it gets abit of a nightmare bless her some where coming while she was still drying. Dont think she would have been ab;e to get them all dry quick enough if I wasn't sat with her with a towel for each one.

PM me your vets details that breeds, I will be very very picky this time round. Once bitten twice shy!

9. foxyroxy1979

I will do asap. There are a lot of vets there so I will ring up and ask for him or at least a name for you. xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice