UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm picking up two kitten brothers on sunday, got everything sorted. Just want some advice.

The breeders are feeding tescos own wet food, now I have stocked up on some bozita, grau and AC. Should I do a gradual introduction of these foods once they have settled in?

Also I have got some oko litter, and the breeder is giving me some of her own brand, how should I mix this up as I ideally want to use oko asap. thanks!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Having done this over the last 2 days with our new kitten I might be able to help...!

Food - keep them on the food they are used to until they settle in. Once they are all settled and happy you can start introducing small amounts of new food and see how they get on. Make sure to do this slowly though otherwise you can get upset tummies! :p

Litter - let them use the litter they are used to for a while, again until they settle in, as changing litter can result in them finding somewhere else to go toilet! ;) Once they are used to the tray etc start putting some of the new litter in with the existing one and gradually reduce the old litter and increase the new.

General - spend time with them, talk to them (I read a book to mine yesterday!) and be patient. As they are brother they should settle in quickly but there is always lots of helpful people here if you need advice on anything else.

Enjoy your new furbabies and make sure you post us lots of pictures!!! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I got some oko but one of the kitties has medium length hair, so should I go with either NG or worlds best? what do people recommend as I remember reading that NG wasn't clumping or hiding smell as well anymore?

·
Registered
230 Posts
When we get our kitten home, we've kept her on food and litter she was used to for few days, then I have changed litter at from tesco non-clumping to clumping; for me there was no difference at all and she was fine with that., Then, after week or two litter (oko) and food from zooplus come and I have mixed her old food with new one (now I know there was no need for that; she will eat anything!) and changed litter to oko without mixing it with old one. It was a bit risky but she didn't mind and started using it straight away...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.