Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Spanglegotti, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Spanglegotti

Spanglegotti PetForums Newbie

Got my new kitten Rami, first kitten I've ever had and I'm a bit worried. He seems to be ok some of the time sitting calmly with me while I stroke him but then sometime he just goes mental and will try to bite my fingers and my hand and seems to be dead scared of me just wondering if this is normal behaviour for a kitten? He's 9 weeks

2. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

cant advise on him being scared but the mental behaviour (or mad half hour as i like to call it) is normal especially at night or when you are trying to do something and the biting is how he plays, try showing him a cat toy when he does this

3. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

Sounds perfectly normal to me! My kittens go into crazy mode at various times during the day.
    Biting is very common too, check out some of the previous posts in the forums for advice

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Sounds okay to me! :) When I first had Cotton (she is 11 weeks) she would crap herself and run whenever me or the OH moved around the house. It only took her a few days to settle in though and now she doesn't move if she's on the stairs and we need to pass her :rolleyes:

5. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

sounds like a a normal; kits mad 5 mins to me :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice