Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New kitten suckling on older kittens? help!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by balthamos, Aug 13, 2009.

1. balthamos

balthamos PetForums Junior

Righto, as you may of seen in my signiture I recently got two kittens, I rescued both from RSPCA And they have settled in fine, brother and sister hahaha :D
    but the girl, tiami, has settled in a little TOO well with my elder takara ( 8 months old ) And I keep seeing her suckle on takara ( Takara was rescued a while back )
    Takara has never given birth or been pregnant.
    Tiami eats dry food and wet and is purrrfectly healthy. I'm just conffuzled!
    Takara seems to get a tad annoyed at it after a while, but I dont know if I should leave her to do it or just seperate them.help? :eek:

2. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

they are so cute and it must be a comfort thing i can suggest anything but they are addorable

xx

3. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

One of Pixies kittens suckled on her brother when they were only 5 weeks, and the new owners say he still does it!
    I think it's a comfort thing, as Ruth said, but they also do that kind of thing if they were taken away from mummy too early (Pixie's 3 1/2 now and still suckles my shoulder/eyelashes!).
    I'd let her do it if the older cat's OK with it!

Cute little bundles you've got there by the way!
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice