Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New kitten older cat aggressive to me

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Diana1974, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Diana1974

Diana1974 PetForums Newbie

Got a 2yr dsh mojo who's not the friendliest of cats at the best of times. But i know he gets lonely when im at work so got a 3mth old kitten dsh squidge. Doing the usual intros etc. While mojo hisses at squidge no fighting he just watches him he's become more aggressive to me. Im making an extra fuss of him n he still hisses at me. Any suggestions

2. Ottery

Ottery Cat Lady

How long have you had the kitten?

You may be getting hissed at because you smell of the kitten. One of my cats didn't like next door's cat so if I saw him and stroked him, when I went back indoors Cleo could smell him on me and I got hissed at. Also, if the kitten is across the room, but you're right next to Mojo, it's redirected aggression - you're nearby so you get the hiss. One of my kittens would hiss at whoever was nearby - me, another cat he knew - when we introducing a kitten to him - it was general annoyance. It didn't last long. Give Mojo a bit of space and let things settle down.

3. Diana1974

Only got him yesterday so i know gonna be stressful at first n am pleased that mo not going for him he is going up to him n sniffing him n then walk away or just look at him n hisses. I've made sure mo's own rountine is not changed he's still in my bedroom kitten not allowed yet made sure kitten can't get to mo's fave sitting place in the window sill

4. Ottery

Ottery Cat Lady

Very early days, just carry on with the introductions and Mojo will start to relax.

5. Diana1974

I hope so

#5 Diana1974, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice