Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

new kitten/litter tray queries

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by optimistic_ginger, May 30, 2010.

1. optimistic_ginger

optimistic_ginger PetForums Newbie

Hello,
    I got a 2nd cat last week, a funny wee 4 1/2 month old we've called Amelia (yes, after dr who's new assistant!). We kept her in the bedroom for a day while she settled and we got Suzie a bit used to the new smell. They're mixing well now, I think. There's still a bit of hissing, but lots of chases that seem friendly enough. Suzie isn't as good friends with me as she was before, but that'll come back won't it?

Anyway, what I need to know is, I need to get rid of the litter tray I had in the bedroom for Amelia. She does know where the other one is, but I'm not sure whether or not she's using it. It's not a big flat, I don't think we need 2 trays, certainly not in the bedroom! Amelia has only pooped in her tray once, I'm not sure where she's going at the moment...

What's the best way to do it? Put it next to the other tray for a while or just get rid of it straight away?

Very grateful for any advice!

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I would keep moveing it near the other tray if she is useing it still or keep the door closed so she cant get into that room or keep her in the room with the other tray for a couple of days :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice