UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am a new kitten owner as have only ever had dogs before. I have two 6 weeks (ish) old kittens and would like whatever advice you could give me on what kind of food to give them. Having researched the contents of cat foods Encore seems to have the best protein content but although both Tigger and Marmalade like it I am concerned that because it is so much higher in protein content than the rest and not a kitten food that it may be too rich for them. What would you recommend?
Thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hi All
I am a new kitten owner as have only ever had dogs before. I have two 6 weeks (ish) old kittens and would like whatever advice you could give me on what kind of food to give them. Having researched the contents of cat foods Encore seems to have the best protein content but although both Tigger and Marmalade like it I am concerned that because it is so much higher in protein content than the rest and not a kitten food that it may be too rich for them. What would you recommend?
Thanks
:confused:
Hi Teyris

Firstly, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the arrival of your furbabies!

If you look on the health and nutrition board you will find lots of posts about which foods are best and different options for you to choose from.

A lot of people on here feed raw but I'm afraid I do not so I cannot help you on this front but there is a thread giving some guidance and I'm sure another member will be along soon to help you a bit further.

A lot of members do their canned food shopping from Zooplus (visit through topcashback for 5% back) and this is what I do, placing a large order once or twice a month. Favourite canned foods are Bozita, Grau, Natures Menu, Animonda Carny and Applaws (please note applaws is a complimentary food rather than complete).

Other foods that I also feed are James Wellbeloved pouches, smilla tins (though please note that the meat content in these has reduced recently so maybe not best as a main food). I do also feed a cooked chicken thigh/chicken livers once or twice a week as a treat.

Kittens do seem to be like little hoovers and mine often asks for food 6-8 times a day so it is best to feed them little and often if possible to avoid too much waste.

But please take a look over on the health and nutrition board and there is bound to be some more information there that will provide some more guidance and help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.