Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New kitten crying

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Guna, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Guna

Guna PetForums Newbie

Hello,
    I have just brought home a gourgeous 14 week old siamese kitten. He has been doing quite well, eating and using his litter tray. He is still quite shy and does not come out to us yet, but roams the house when it is quiet.
    The problem is that he is crying day and night. He is ok to sit with me and was even attempting to purr last night when I picked him up, but he cries even when sitting on my lap. And he never comes to me himself, so I dont think it is for attention. He looks healthy and may be I am just paniking, but it is difficult to think straight when you havent had a sleep for the last 3 nights.
    Is there any advice you can give me before I take him to the vet?

2. nanamoo

nanamoo PetForums Member

im not an expert but to me it sounds like he is missing his siblings, my lil menace did this for the 1st couple of days, what i did was i put a small alarm clock in his bed box (under his blankie) and a hot water bottle filled with warm water in there too, this seemed to help him settle, hopefully your lil boy settles soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice