Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Kitten - Calming spray to reduce anxiety?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by CatEnthusiast, Oct 19, 2020.

1. CatEnthusiast

CatEnthusiast PetForums Newbie

Hi!

I am getting a kitten in 2 weeks from a breeder. She will be 12 weeks old.

I am getting everything ready to welcome her.

I know it can take some time for a cat to adjust to a new place but I was wondering whether a calming spray (with pheromones like Feliway or plants extracts) could help her feeling more confortable?

I was thinking using it in the carrier box, on a blanket and at home on the cat bed, scratching posts, etc.

What do you think? Have you used these products?

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I'd recommend Pet Remedy rather than Feliway. It depends how confident your kitten is whether or not you'll need it but a spray in the carrier may help when traveling.

3. CatEnthusiast

Thank you! I'll have a look at it!

4. Jimmie O'Chutt

Jimmie O'Chutt PetForums Junior

Hey CatEnthusiast,

I have a solution that might sound a little weird but it worked for our cat.

Ronnie was very aggressive and we could not cope with this behavior no matter how much time we spent playing with him and training him.

But once I stumbled upon this "Cat Games" video that became our Ronnie's favourite game very fast! He jumps around my iPhone and scratches that virtual toy. This helps him to spend his energy and to fulfill his natural hunting instinct. And after playing he is adequate and not aggressive at all.

Hope, this will help your kitten as well!

5. CatEnthusiast

Hi Jimmie O'Chutt,

That is an interesting idea, thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice