Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Kitten and Old Kitten Fighting

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by LyrasMummy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. LyrasMummy

LyrasMummy PetForums Newbie

Hello all!

I'm writing on behalf of my best friend.

In december she bought a 3 month old Ragdoll, Lyra. She settled into her flat perfectly, and is an absolute joy.

Last week, she was contacted by Lyra's breeder, who was struggling to sell the last kitten in her litter, as they were trying to move house he wanted someone to buy him right away. She agreed and on Sunday, picked up the new arrival, Lyra's brother, Albie.

She disregarded all the advice saying to keep them apart, and as such Albie has never had space to explore, as Lyra hassles him. It's been 2 days and they are quiet violent towards each other. They show no affection and though sometimes it seems like they're playing, they do hiss at each other and I've seen Lyra bite him.

Lyra has always been so completely cuddly and loveable with humans, and she is still very much the same, but with the other cat, i am worried she just won't take to him. Does anyone have an advice? I'm scared to leave them in a room together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice