Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New kitten and new noises

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Mussyvp, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Mussyvp

Mussyvp PetForums Newbie

Hi there
    I have a 17 week old kitten, he’s started making new noises that I can’t figure out what they are as they are nothing like what I find on the Internet. He’s also become more vocal, but somehow I get worried every time he makes those noises. I’ve checked him in case they were related to pain but I’ve examined his body and nothing seems to be wrong. I have also paid more attention to what causes them but can’t really point out the cause. My biggest worry is if he’s not feeling well or he’s trying to communicate something I don’t get. It’s my first cat and I am still learning about these amazing creatures.
    Any comments are welcome. Thanks

2. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

Hi and welcome :) my kitten makes a lot of different noises, some mean he wants to play, others he wants some love or a treat lol. I had no idea cats made so many different noises. He was quieter when he first came home but has gotten more vocal the older he gets. He’s probably just trying to communicate with you. If you are worried that there’s something wrong I wouldn’t hesitate to take him to the vet though, has he had a check over at the vets since you got him? Would love to see pictures of your new addition.

3. Mussyvp

Mussyvp PetForums Newbie

Nicola Thanks for your reply!
    Oh that’s such a relief! He’s been to the vets since I got him, for his vaccinations and other routine treatments. He seems fine, it’s just the new noises and behaviour somehow scare me :) as I am learning about him.
    Please find below a picture of my handsome furry baby

Attached Files:

Nicola234 likes this.
  4. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

Aww he’s gorgeous :)

Mussyvp likes this.
  5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

He's gorgeous!! xx

Are the new noises what we call chirruping (or chirping or trilling)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice