Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

new kitten and litter box problems

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by clownfrog, Jan 10, 2021.

1. clownfrog

clownfrog PetForums Newbie

we recently got our new kitten and she has settled in fine wand is very healthy.

when she first arrived she didn't use the litter tray and has been using her cat tube so we took it out of the room and she finally used the litter tray.

But she only used it to poo in twice and science then she has been pooing in other places under my bed but sge is still using the litter tray to wee in.

i was wondering why she might be doing this and how to get her to use the litter tray again?

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Give her multiple litter trays. Cats like to pee and poop in different places, it's an instinctual thing. Is her poop normal and healthy?

How old is the kitten?

3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I would give her at least a couple more litter trays and spread them around the areas where she spends her time. Some cats and kittens do not like using a tray for poo when it already has wee in it. If there are extra trays, it gives her more choice of where to poo.

EDIT: cross posted with lorilu ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice