Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New kid on the block!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DevilDogz, Aug 8, 2009.

1. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Well this morning me and mum went to fetch a little crestie! He is a hairless male aged 2years old!
    He is abit on the skinny side and his skin hasnt been cared for properly so he is covered in massive nasty looking spots and black heads! But nothing that wont improve in time with the right care, love and time! :)

We are his 3rd home since leaving the breeder and we will be his last! The breeders is fully aware he is now part of our family and is more than happy for him to be here! :eek:

He hasnt been here long but is already settling in perfectly..Him and kioti are having a few tiff's (nothing bad just a few growls) at the moment but thats the least we expect from two entire males of around the same age..

His name is now Juno it was Junior but he didnt know it too well and we perfered Juno so changed it.
    I will attach a few picture's later..He isnt looking his best at all sadly :(..

kerry...:D

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Aw, glad you could take him, looking forward to pics! :D

3. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Awww bless! Really looking to the photo's! At least he will be happy and cared for with you. I don't think some people realise just how much work goes into having a Crestie! Some think they will be easy to care for because they have no hair!

4. tinaborgen

tinaborgen PetForums Junior

aw bless its great to hear that he now got a home for life :) cant wait to see pics :D

5. animallover111

You kept that quiet Miss DD.......:D.....cant wait to see pics.....didnt know they got blackheads....how do you get rid of them?????.....well done to you and your mum...he couldnt be in better hands........:)

6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Michelle we didnt know until late last night about him..so it was all quite sudden heard about him and arranged it all about 7/8 o'clock last night and was there this morning!
    The black heads we have always been able to get rid of before by regular bathing and clearasil..Also with a good diet that will improve his skin...ours are feed raw ;)..But on some crestie you will never be able to get rid of them! Also when we nip him to the vets we will have a word with them about spots and see what they can also suggest..our vet is quite good and knows abit about the chinese cresteds! He is from china! :D:D

Yes sadly people do seem to think they do not need alot of care..:( Witch is a shame because with the right skin care they have the most amazing soft skin!:eek:

I will get some pictures about in the next hour or so :)

#6 DevilDogz, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  7. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I'm glad he's got a fantastic new home with you. I can't wait to see pictures but I had no idea they got spots.

8. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Welcome to your forever home Juno! I'm sure he'll thrive in your care and soon be back to full health.

9. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

you got him then!!:D well he certainly couldnt be in better hands with you & our Mum caring for him:eek: cant wait to see them pics now!!:)

10. all i can say is he's lovely ;) thanks for the sneak preview dd!

He's certainly landed on his feet with you and your lovely mum! Congratulations on your new arrival! :D

xxxxx

11. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Well here is Juno! :eek:.

#11 DevilDogz, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
  12. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Awww he is adorable! So cute! I like the last pic too!

13. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

aww hes gorgeous Kerry! he has got such a Beautiful little face:eek:

14. gorgeous gorgeous boy!

i'm sure you'll get his skin clear in no time! xxxxxxxxxxxx

15. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Thank you everyone..Hes now cuddled up next to me..still abit nervous so we wont push him and will just leave him till he is ready to come to us :)..witch seems to be working!

I shall get some more pictures in a week or so and i hope to show you all an improvment.
    But this breed can be a bugger to get weight on..but we will do our best! :eek:
    kerry

16. animallover111

Kerry he is gorgeous.....he looks very small......do you have to moisturise crested's skin like we do ours???....i noticed your crested ears stick out...but juno's dont??......i bet he looks like a different dog in no time......the more i see crested's the more im falling for them.......:D :D

17. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

He's adorable but poor thing with all those spots hopefully you'll get him sorted soon

18. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Yes they have to be creamed..Yes kioti's ears are up its in the breed standard that a hairless has to have erect ears were as the puffs can be erect of dropped..
    woohoo another person taken by the cresteds! :001_tt2:

19. animallover111

quick question how do you get their ears to stand up.....:confused: :confused: :D..little juno on the last pic looks like he has a bob hair cut.......

20. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

He is lovely, and I bet it's not long til we get new pics showing us how much he has changed.

Juno is lucky to have found you and your mum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice