Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New James Wellbeloved Wet Pouch

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by FRAZ, Sep 13, 2011.

1. FRAZ

FRAZ PetForums Member

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new James Wellbeloved Wet Cat Food Pouch yet?

It's only just launched and we've now got it available but I was wondering if anyone's cats have actually tried it yet or if any of you food gurus have had a look at the ingredients.

It looks fairly good to me with a single source of meat protein and seems to be designed for cats with food allergies but I'd love to know what you think.

James Wellbeloved, James Wellbeloved Cat Food Pouch - NEW UK

Cheers Fraz

2. Jayne31

Jayne31 PetForums VIP

Hi Fraz

I posted about this over on Cat Chat as I found them last week. Some of the ingrediants are odd to say the least....potato flakes and something called cassava which is some sort of derivitive of a yucca plant!

3. fadeaway

fadeaway PetForums Member

Only 35% declared meat, the rest is pea protein, tomato pomace, cassava, potato flakes..

cat's can't really get as much use out of plant based proteins as they can meat based ones...

I see no mention of taurine or calcium/phos ratios either.

And all this for over 70p per 100g?

Think I'll pass.

4. kittenshavemittens

Maybe no taurine has been added because muscle meats (high in taurine naturally) have been used in the recipe?

I know Applaws do not need to add taurine in their dry food, due to using muscle meat (good quality) in their recipe. ;)

But, I would proceed with caution and do research as to why taurine hasn't been included.

5. fadeaway

fadeaway PetForums Member

50-75% of natural Taurine is destroyed in the cooking process.

6. kittenshavemittens

Not always ;) I believe it depends on how it is cooked/processed and the type of muscle meat/protein that it is used. :)

Applaws Natural Pet Food - FAQs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice