Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Hutch

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by umber, Aug 18, 2009.

1. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Finally got together a few pics of the new hutch!

I have to say although we do really like it, both me and Sameer thought it could have been made much better! Anyways with a few home improvments we are more settled with it and have a few more plans for it when we return from holiday in 2 weeks.

So far the only adjustments we have made is to put wood on the inside of the all the doors and sides. The wood on the inside does look a bit odd but hey safety for the buns comes first! When we return we do plan to coat the wooden planks in the weather proof stain stuff plus then we are going to have a thinner piece of wood running along side of all sides of the mesh from the inside if that makes sense. We also have nailed strong nails on the mesh giving it extra protection and have attached 2 bolts on each door.

Also have had it spprayed with some insect repellent we found in P@H for rabbit hutches aswell as chew stop lol!

Anyways ill stop rabbiting on and let u see some pics. Flake is enjoying a branch of an apple tree and Daisy is exploring her new tunnel!

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

LOVE IT!!!! they look very happy :) I'm sure they'll be fine while ur away? where are u going if u dont mind me asking? hehe

I know what u mean about the poo quality of things, I have been spending ages fixing up silly things on Miffys new house, still got to put the roof on gr

3. xpalaboyx

xpalaboyx PetForums VIP

Nice pics... Im going to show this to my friend who loves bunnies too...

4. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Going to Uganda Yay! My husbands family all live out there and I luurrrrve going there its just so relaxing! So we leave Thursday morning im so excited. My mum inlaw doesnt know we are coming we are going to surprise her its going to be so much fun! My fatherinlaw does know we are coming and poor thing is so excited but cant show it lol!

5. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Feeling a bit better about leaving them although still gonna miss them lots. My neighbour has been coming over every day this last week to watch how I feed them and clean out the litter trays etc. Tomorrow he is going to to do the feeding and cleaning while I supervise lol! He also gets a few days off during the week so he said on those days he will come over for an hour or so and let them run around while he just chills with his little boy!

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

umber thats lovely!!! i bet they love it.
    have a wonderful holiday hun xxxxx

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

wow sounds like an amazing holiday! i'm sure ur neighbor will take great care of ur babies

8. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Yes Frags I Think they do love it lol! They hardly like coming out of it even though I leave the door open! It could also be as the 1st time I put them in there I hung a huge parsly bell inside which they loved lol!

I have got them plenty of treats for when im away so the neighbour can pop them into the hutch every other day!

Im soooo excited about the holiday cant wait!!!!!!!!!

9. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

that is a lovely hutch :) where is it from if you dont mind me asking?

You'll have to let us know how your mum in law reacts to your surprise visit, it'll be great to see the look on her face! :D

10. kelseye

kelseye Banned

thats the hutch im getting for my ferrets lol but ive got 2 coming :):)

11. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Its from the Happy Hutch Company... but like I said... I was expecting something a but better. I dont think the quality is that great. I think with slighlty more effort it could have been a great hutch.

I will deff let you all know about mum inlaws face ohhhhh I cant wait!

12. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

have a fab holiday hun :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice