Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Home Needed For My Elderly Cat

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by shevvie, Jul 25, 2009.

1. shevvie

shevvie PetForums Newbie

I am desperately trying to find a puuuurfect home for my elderly cat.
    He is about 16 now and I rescued him 3 years ago.
    I now have to move back into my parents house and as they have a cat with feline HIV he cannot mix with my cat.
    I did have a new home for him but this has fallen through at the last minute..
    I am in urgent need of a home for him, even temporary. I do not want to put him into a rescue :(

Please, if you can help or know of anyone who may be willing to give him a home
    contact me ASAP!

His name is Ben, and he is on a special urinary diet, which I am willing to pay for his prescription food :)

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

Can you take Ben with you when you move and keep him in your room, or a couple of rooms if thats possible, away from your parent's cat, for the time being if time is short and you don't find a home for him before the move?

I know you don't want him to go into resuce, but it might be a good idea to get him on the waiting list of local rescues at least, just in case.

I hope you find a nice home for him. :)

3. The Ronburgandy

The Ronburgandy PetForums Newbie

Hi

I'm willing to consider offering a home to Ben! I've been wanting a cat for ages (was never allowed one as a kid due to my dads allergies!). Currently I can't really fully commit to having one for more than a few years as with my job I may well have to move to London - which could be tricky.

Do you have any photos of Ben and what he is like. Is he a house cat or does he go outside?

I do live in Leeds - can totally understand if you would like Ben to be somewhere closer.

Cheers

Dan

4. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

Dan, if this does not work out and you still want an older cat, please contact your local rescue - they would welcome you with open arms for giving a forever home to one of their oldies.

Edit: See here and for rescue contacts:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

5. shevvie

shevvie PetForums Newbie

Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply.

I think I would prefer him to be nearer to me, I am asking everywhere at the moment but if I do get really stuck can I contact you again? I will leave it a couple of weeks to see if I find anything close by, then I will let you know? If thats ok. If you do find another (rescue!!) cat in the mean time let me know!

Thanks so much for you help! :)

Siobhan

6. The Ronburgandy

The Ronburgandy PetForums Newbie

No probs - good luck with it and give me a shout if you can't find anything else.

Cheers

Dan

7. TortoiseTabbys

TortoiseTabbys PetForums Newbie

Hi Dan,
    In case your still looking for a cat, maybe I could interest you in 2 lovely sisters??
    Have a look at my post & get in touch if you have any questions.
    http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-resc...e-home-2-x-3-year-old-female-indoor-cats.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice