Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

new home needed for 4 doe mice in tank

Discussion in 'Small Animal Classifieds' started by kelly82, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

sadly i am needing to rehome my 4 mice, they come with a 3 foot tank with a stand if you want it, exercise wheel, 4 exercise balls which they love to zoom around the kitchen in, toys in the tank, bowl and bottle. i keep them on wood pellets so they are less likely to suffer respiratory problems, and all 4 are happy and healthy.they are very friendly, and have never bitten, my 4 and 5 year old daughters handle them aswell. 4 different colours, 1 light brown and white, 1 black and white, 1 darker brown with white flecks and 1 longer haired black and white. all less than a year old, they were unwanted pets when i took them in a while ago, and now they need a new forever home as we are having problems :(

if you wish to just take on the 4 mice they are free to loving home only, no snake food etc, and i dont want them taken to a new home in a tiny tank,they love to race around their 3 foot tank and explore. if you wish to take the full set-up, i am looking for around £25ono.

im just keeping my fingers crossed someone can offer these 4 lovely girls the home they need, we live at hemswell cliff in lincolnshire, not far from lincoln and gainsborough.

minnie.jpg

moo.jpg

2 spot.jpg

mo.jpg

2. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

just a quick add on that its more important we get the right home for them than we get the full amount of money, but would like a bit back to cover some of the costs of the tank and stuff they come with :)

3. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

would love to but you are too far away and to be onest with 18 baby snakes in my room at the moment, along with 6 hamsters, 6 leaf insects, a tarantula and a male mouse at the moment. i think its best i say no as havin mammals on one side of room and snakes on the other is a bit of a miss mash lol

lovely girls though.
    hope you find a great home for them

4. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:D and i thought i was bad lol, bless them, the snakes would spend all day picking out which one they want for tea ;)

im willing to take less for the whole set-up as i just want to find them a new home, £15 ono, but they must go to a good new home :)

5. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

hope you find them a nice new home soon x

6. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

awww....I would lovvveeee them. :( My parents live near Boston but I can't get the tank back to Preston! :(

7. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

thats such a shame cherrie, it seems no-one is interested around here :(

i dont want to offer them as free to good home mainly because im sure someone who doesnt really want them would come to get them just for the tank and stand, who knows where my girls would end up! thats why im trying these sites where animal lovers are more likely to see them rather than other freeads type sites where anyone may see them and take them for the hell of it. if im sure they are going to a great new forever home, id be tempted to let them go for free, though as we are skint obviously any money is better than nothing too.

8. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I would have had them but you arew too far from me!! :(

9. ....zoe....

haha, very funny. its bad enough watchin them pick out defrosted pinkies, i place 18 in there for them and they all seem to try and get the same one lol

really would have loved to have them, they all seem so beautiful aswel

theres bound to be sum1 out there that will give them a goo home im sure

ive got the same problem tryin to get new homes for the snakes as i have sooooooo many of them another 10 ready to hatch in 2 weeks and it just seems as though at the moment no1 wants them

10. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

snakes are wonderful pets, my friend used to have 2 rescued corn snakes, 1 died (swallowed a mouse sideways,well tried, and permanently damaged its own mouth :eek:ut:) but her other one is still going strong, the only thing i couldnt deal with is the smell, for me its just too much when they pee/poop all in one whatever that mess is :eek: i couldnt believe how fast the smell spread in just the few minutes while they were cleaning it out of the tank. also i dont really like the idea of keeping something that is longer than the tank it lives in, i know they are bendy etc, but surely every once in while it must be nice to just stretch out :) good luck with rehoming all your babies though.

as for my meeces, if the right person comes along, and im assured they are taking them to give them their forever home,like ive posted on the all about mice forum, il be ok with them being taken for free with their set-up, at least then il know they will be happy in a good sized home for the rest of their lives too. what im dreading is someone coming along, saying they will take them and their set-up and then getting rid of the mice just so they have a nice little set-up for something they really want. or am i just being paranoid :confused:

#10 kelly82, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  11. ....zoe....

no your not being paranoid at all, its always worrying trying to find a new home for an animals tht you love and have spent soooo much time with. i would suggest trying to find someone who already has mice so you know that they are interested in the mice and not the housing they are in.

i understand what you mean about the housing for snakes but i usually advice people to get an encloousure that is slihtly smaller e.g. 4ft tank for 5ft snake. but it has to have lots for them to climb on ect. also snakes can strech out as when you think about it as they keep going straight they are doing each part of the body (if you get that) lol

anyway enough about my snakes lol i really hope you find a good home for these mice, wish i could have had them sorry

12. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:D i love hearing about other peoples pets dont worry lol. i just wish my girls could find a loving new home, hope someone comes up for them soon, i havent told my 4 and 5 year old girls they are being rehomed yet, i think they will be quite upset so im leaving that until i find a new owner. im sure the right person is out there somewhere :) they are adorable after all :D

13. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

just a quick add on, im not up for my mice to be mixed into a bigger group in another tank, or taken on and having more mice added to their colony, im letting them go with their set-up so they can live out their lives in a plenty of space. ive had one woman get in touch about them, and she wants to put my 4 girls into a 4 foot tank with a load of others, then use their tank for a batch of boys she needs a bigger home for. :mad: my girls are used to having their own space and room to run around without running into a load more mice along the way. sorry to sound like im ranting but i put in my ads i want them to go in their own tank purely so they can continue to enjoy the life they already enjoy. thinking of keeping them now, just as i dont want them to go to someone who doesnt care :(

14. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Aww i love mice, but your to far from me :-( i love the silkies to, hope you sort soemthing soon.

15. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:( just been let down by someone who really wanted them but then turned out to be in the US :confused: guess she wasnt looking at what sites she was visiting, wasnt until we had sorted that she really wanted them (and she sounded ideal as she had 1 tank with 2 mice in and wanted a few more as she really loves the mice she has but would have kept them separate) that she asked what state i was in, and that she hadnt heard of where im from before :( so these 4 are still available for a new forever home. im happy to let them go for free with their tank and all accessories if anyone is interested :)

16. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

oh. i really want them but OH has said no more animals for now. so unfair. will try to talk him round:001_tt2:

17. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:) have possibly found a new home for the girls!

18. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Excellent news, keep us posted.

19. kelly82

kelly82 PetForums Junior

:( now not looking so hopeful,that was quick...these girls seem destined to stay here :rolleyes:

just a quick note to say to thedogsmother, that dog is beautiful, absolutely stunning :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice