Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New home for unsociable cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KittyKat1, May 7, 2010.

1. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

Hi all,

Really sad today, although not the worst news.
    We've been living on high stress the last few months - have 3 cats and a dog. One cat has been finding it really difficult it seems. He just doesn't get on with either of the other cats and stays away from them all day - the only time they're near each other is when I call them for dinner!

Since we've gotten out little dog (cairn terrier) things didn't get better or worse. The dog plays with and sleeps with the other two cats - after about 2 weeks of marking boundaries. Alas, little Jorgie stays as far away as possible from them all.

I've taken them all into my home and they are 100% my responsibility - my OH suggested we find a new home for Jorgie, especially since we noticed he pees in various places (we used vinegar to deter him but he found other places, and we know it is him because we see him, he doesn't even try to hide himslef).

So anyway!!!! Finally getting to the end of the story, a good friend a hadn't seen in ages moved back and was looking for a cat (she has 5 at her family hom). I told her about Jorgie and she said she would take him in - he'll have his own room and everything! I think being an only cat will be best for him and I know he'll be taken care of in the best way.

But... I'm so sad that he'll be leaving us :( :(

Am I a horrible pet owner? I think I just need advice from people who love animals to tell me what would they do in my situation? I can still tell my friend that I want to keep him.

Cheers!

2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

hi
    no your not a terrble pet owner at least you found him a home in stead of putting him in a shelter or anything like that and i bet he may be happer than he is if he dosent get on with the other cats i think you did the right thing so dont feel bad

3. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Yeh exactly, putting him in a shelter would only put him under EVEN MORE stress so you did the kindest thing. The good thing is that he has a guaranteed home with your friend rather than waiting for months in a shelter :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice