Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New here:)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sarahberra, Jun 26, 2009.

1. sarahberra

sarahberra PetForums Member

Hello everyone:) I am new to the forum. I have owned pets my entire life. I recently lost my beloved bengal cat. However, my sons are begging me for a dog. I am not sure if I am over the loss of my cat though. I have never really been a dog person but I am opening up. My husband is allergic to cats and he told me, no more cats. According to him I made him suffer for years and he has gotten tired of taking allergy pills.

Affordable Medical Insurance

Wealthy Affiliate Internet Marketing University- Want a Free Internet Marketing Guide?

Natural Organic Living

2. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF. Be prepared for madness!

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum :D

4. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF...hope you enjoy your stay...:D

5. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Hello and welcome to the forum..I agree with your sons, you should get a dog :D x

6. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome..;)

7. philkewley

philkewley PetForums Newbie

Hi sarahberra, life without cats - no way!! I have 5 gorgeous great big dogs & 10 cats, all but 3 of the cats have been rescued, and the original 3 accept the new comers without any problems. And we've many others over the years.
    It's great to have a dog to play with and walk, people stop you in the street and say how cute your puppy is, but when a cat chooses you as a companion it's the greatest love on earth. I feel for your loss, as i said over the years we've taken in and lost a great many cats and every time it hurts.
    If you do decide to get another cat, the Rag-Dolls (kind of like a big huge floppy, furry thing with beautifull eyes) don't have the dander (is that what it's called) that other cats have. Something to do with their skin, that causes the reaction (sneezing normally) with people who have allergies to cats. I am pretty there's loads of people here who will be able to give you more advice. best wishes Phil

8. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

9. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF xxx

10. _Lesley_

_Lesley_ PetForums Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice