Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New here! 2x ragdoll kittens

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Beanodog90, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Beanodog90

Beanodog90 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone! I am new here and just working this all out! I have just got two ragdoll kittens!

Safe to say we are in love, they are very friendly and come to greet us at the door, they love having cuddles while we are watching movies in bed and are bouncy little things when playing with each other. When I work out how to upload photos I will!

I am just looking for advice really on best things to feed them / how often etc. So many conflicting things online. At the moment I am feeding them their raw meat diet (that’s what they were on when we got them) and some Natures menu kitten food 70% meat, and Applaws complete dry kitten food 80% meat. I’m a bit nervous and hope they’re ok! Their poos seem to be ok, maybe slightly less hard than they should be.

They have a water fountain, lots of toys and using their kitten litter tray 99% of the time! What foods have you found work for your kittens? I am very tempted to try Feringa Menu Kitten because it’s also 72% meat content Along with their Applaws. Just because it’s so much cheaper than natures menu and was wondering what people thought of it, it seems too cheap given it’s meat content so feel like there must be a catch! Whoever posted that list of all the good quality foods on Zooplus was a godsend I went through all of them!

Anyone else got ragdolls or little kittens? What have you found they absolutely love?

Thanks in advance!
    Beanodog90 xxx

#1 Beanodog90, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  2. MammaMia!

MammaMia! Pet Forums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not a cat owner myself so can't offer you any advice on food unfortunately but would LOVE to see some pictures!! ;)

3. Beanodog90

Thank you so much, excited to be here! Here are some pictures! The brown one is called Bear, the black and white one is called Pingu! We absolutely love them and they’re getting spoilt rotten!

Attached Files:

#3 Beanodog90, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  4. Beanodog90

I’m also a Labrador and tortoise owner too! Labrador (mely) she’s 7 and a little pickle. And tortoise (Guacamole is about 12). So any tortoise owners out there, have you hibernated yours?

5. Beanodog90

6953C994-8F64-4E71-8429-F5FF74B2A097.jpeg 2F4FC162-0639-441C-8C78-B484CC289B56.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

Your kittens are gorgeous!

Feringa is a very good brand, so that will be fine. There’s no need to get extra kitten food, there are no especial kitten mice in nature, either.
    I‘d leave out the dry food and stay with raw and high quality wet.

Beanodog90 likes this.
  7. Beanodog90

Thank you! Ah that’s good to hear, I’ve had cats before but always nervous with new ones! Yes I’ve been leaving the dry out for them to nibble on and then frequent meals with the wet stuff. Thanks for the advice I will definitely give Feringa a go!

ChaosCat likes this.
  8. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome:)

Beanodog90 likes this.
  9. MammaMia!

MammaMia! Pet Forums VIP

You're new additions are gorgeous. :Nailbiting They look like such little trouble-makers.

What's your lab's name? I am a bit obsessed with labs. My lab x cocker is 3 years and her name is Mia. Looks entirely like a lab though apart from cocker spaniel sized. Everyone always thinks she is a puppy at the park because she is so small. :D

10. Beanodog90

Oh wow that’s amazing, where did you get her from? We want a smaller dog at some point but literally love labradors! Your dog sounds adorable I’d love to see some pictures. My lab is called Mely and she’s a right crazy pickle! She still hasn’t calmed down and she’s 7! But she’s amazing with children and so so loving! However, the amount of hair around the house is ridiculous, we stroke her and get several handfuls of hair! Does your dog moult a lot?

11. Beanodog90

P.s if it’s Mia in your picture she looks absolutely adorable!

12. MammaMia!

MammaMia! Pet Forums VIP

We got her from a breeder in Northwich however, I think it was the mum's last litter. Yes, that is Mia in the picture - sunbathing as per usual. :rolleyes: About the calming down thing, I was told they calm down when they are three and that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment either!! :D She is molting A LOT. However, this is only because she is shedding her Winter coat, the rest of the year her molting is quite manageable.

Mely is sooo gorgeous.

13. Beanodog90

Ah that’s a shame it was her last litter we definitely want another but smaller, we looked at cocker spaniels but I’ve never had one before. Haha I think maybe labs never grow up! But it’s worth it for their gentle nature. Mely is absolutely terrified of our tortoise though, all the animals are which is quite funny! Hope you’re managing to get out and walk Mia in these crazy times? I think pets are the thing keeping us sane here!

14. MammaMia!

MammaMia! Pet Forums VIP

Agreed. :)

Yes, we are still managing to take her out to the park. Not many people or dogs about.

Beanodog90 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice