Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New hair cut is worrying me??

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by cmi79, May 13, 2010.

1. cmi79

cmi79 PetForums Newbie

Hey everyone,

I have got a 1 year old Chrinese Crested/Poodle. I was having a bit of difficulty with his hair and the groomer suggested as it was growning so fast and it is summer it may be worth trimming it down a bit.

Once the hair cut was done he came out and it was alot shorter than I expected but never thought no more about it.

The following day I noticed the dog was acting strange (shaking, yelping for no reason and not his hyper self). I spoke to my partner who suggested he may just be cold. Regardless of this I got an emergency appointment at the vet who said he had an infection.

He is now on antibiotics and im still worried... my dog was really hyper and used to bounce as we were walking down the road, i once got asked if he was on springs. However now if i go to take him out i have to coax him from bed. He wont even play.

The main thing that is worrying me which I think may be the problem and dont know what to do about it is his red bit that keeps coming out from his penis, I think it is bothering him aswell as he wont stand on his 4 legs and keeps sitting down at every opportunity. It comes out alot for no reason and this has just been since his hair cut.

Please help, I want my dog back to normal

Thank you

2. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

did you tell the vet about the hair cut and your concerns? is it possible a piece of the trimmed hair has got stuck in him and is now causing pain when he moves? hair can be very sharp and i would imagin be very painful! :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice