UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new wife for George on Sunday.

Here she is

Shes currently called Lotty - but this has to be changed!!

Shes been quite overweight and has a good sized dewlap as you can see from the 3rd pic.

Her body conditions not great I can feel quite a bit of her spine (your supposed to feel some I know) but there is very little muscle either side so I'm giving her a little free range time each evening - this is quite hard as I dont want her near George at the mo, it gets dark so early and its too warm indoors.

Shes spayed and had a mixi vaccine but no VHD so I've booked her in for Thursday. I was very impressed with Fat Fluffs lovely people and nice big bunny shed.

Shes very happy to be held - sits very calmly. Her eye sights not great as you would expect, I hope George doesnt take advantage of her - he was never able to catch Miffy!

I'd just like a little advice on the worming side.
George has been wormed for 28days inc bleaching since Miffy passed. If I keep her separate and worm for 28days is this sufficient or would I need to reworm when there bonded? or should I bond and worm them both?

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
She's beautiful :001_wub:

George is a lucky bunny to have such a pretty new wife, and indeed, to have had such a pretty first wife :)

Not sure about the worming, I would think Lil Miss or Bernie can answer that one

As for names - she is pretty enough to be a Belle :) or another princess sort of name which I can't think of at the moment lol

G

·
She is beautiful, I'm sure George will fall in love :001_tt1:

As for the worming, as George has just had a course I would do her now before bonding and make sure that George isn't allowed anywhere that she wee's (just in case she is releasing spores which could potentially reinfect George).

Once they have been bonded for a couple of months I would give both another 28 day course and then just go back to your normal routine :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
aw shes stunning :) when will you be introducing to eachother? :D

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:) thank you for all your lovely replies.

I brought her indoors for 20mins when I got home from work (lounge door and window open) and shes surprisingly confident. I fed her a few bits of veg and then sat on the floor and she hopped on my lap and sat for a good 5 mins for treats and strokes. :D

Thanks for the worming advice Bernie, I'm a little concerned my garage where I'm keeping her at the min is a little too dark during the day it does have windows but its so dull at the moment. Do you think this will have any effect on her if I keep her in there for 28days.

G

·
:) thank you for all your lovely replies.

I brought her indoors for 20mins when I got home from work (lounge door and window open) and shes surprisingly confident. I fed her a few bits of veg and then sat on the floor and she hopped on my lap and sat for a good 5 mins for treats and strokes. :D

Thanks for the worming advice Bernie, I'm a little concerned my garage where I'm keeping her at the min is a little too dark during the day it does have windows but its so dull at the moment. Do you think this will have any effect on her if I keep her in there for 28days.
It will be fine for 28 days :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.