Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Game of Thrones Series 8 (Potentially contains spoilers if you're not up to date).

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jackie C, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I thought I would start a Game of Thrones thread, seen as the final series premiers on the Sunday night/early Monday morning, 2am. (BST)

If you've not seen the other seven series, please do not come on here, as you risk spoilers.

I thought it would be good if we could discuss episodes, post our predictions or videos.

A few rules:

(1) No spoilers. ie: If anything has leaked, do not post about it.
    (2) Don't post anything about the latest episode until after it has aired at peak time in the UK, ie: around 9 or 10pm on the Monday (ie NOT the 2am BST on the Monday morning, but after most people have viewed it on the Monday evening).
    (3) No videos that contain spoilers, but they can contain predictions.
    (4) Episode review videos are fine, but not until after the above time.

2. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

It's obvious that a lot of characters are going to be killed. Some more obvious than others.

Here are my death predictions and how:

Jaime Lannister:
    He will die, either saving Bran or in another heroic way. George RR Martin (GRRM) likes to take stories full circle, and as he pushed Bran out the window in the first episode, I think that story will fully arc. He may die in Brienne's arms.

Cersi:
    Jaime will kill her. Again, with story arc. Jaime killed the Mad King, he will kill the Mad Queen. Or Arya Stark will kill her, possibly with Jaime's face.

Missandei and Grey Worm:
    Missendei will die, or Grey Worm will die saving her or trying to save her. Or she will die and he will go mad and go on some kind of massive killing spree of White Walkers. Or he may kill himself. Maybe some kind of Romeo and Juliette moment for them two. Things will not end well for these two.

Daenrys
    It's obvious she isn't going to make it to the Throne.

Theon Greyjoy

Will die saving his sister

Jorah Mormont
    Will die saving Danny somehow or just die fighting.

Varys and Mellisandra
    Mesllisandra predicted this.

The other dragons, or at least another one.
    Protecting Danny from Viscereyon the dragon who has been "turned".

Jon Snow/Aegon Targarayen
    He's too miserable to live.

Tormund Giantsbain

Although I hope not! He might save Brienne or the other way around.

Bronn
    He will die, as he will stick to Cersi as she will pay him.

The Mountain and maybe the Hound.

Many other minor characters. I shall think of more.

#2 Jackie C, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  3. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Other things that I predict may happen. Some I am more confident than others.

Tyrion is a Targarayen. The dragons almost liked him.

Danny and Jon Snow/Aegon will both ride a dragon. I think this is obvious. Tyrion might, but not likely.

Cersi will not give birth. She will go mad and want to "burn them all".

Danny is pregnant. Both Danny and Jon/Aegon will die and Tyrion (a Targarayen) will rule and bring the baby up.

Tyrion may die, instead. Becauses GRRM is horrible.

Hodor will be a White Walker.

4. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Things I am looking forward to:

The manner of Cersi's death, IF it happens.
    Gendry and Ayra and Ayra and Jon reunion.
    The manner of Euron Greyjoy's death.

5. Raggie08

Raggie08 PetForums Member

I'm looking forward to the Jon/Arya reunion also hoping Jon/Dany don't die but its George MM Martin so I'm sure one if not both will.

Jackie C likes this.
  6. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

Die, die, might die, hope they don’t die, die, die, die.

No need for any names. :Hilarious

The hardest to guess is who, if anyone, will survive. ;)

jetsmum and Jackie C like this.
  7. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I think Samwell Tarley will live and become Grand Maester in Kingslanding to whomever is left alive and in charge. Unless it's Cersi. I'm half hoping it's Cersi, as I love her! Lena Headey is a great actor. I hope Gilly lives, as I want to see Sam happy, which probably means she'll die.

I think Bran might control a dragon with his mind.

Elles likes this.
  8. Arnie83

Arnie83 PetForums VIP

I'm not up to date cos I'm waiting for the next bleedin' book to be published!! :(

9. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Should you be really on this thread? I don't want to give away spoilers. Or are you up to date with the show?
    I've read all the books, but only really enjoyed the first one.

Arnie83 likes this.
  10. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I forsee death, death, death, destruction and more death and possibly maybe some one totally unexpected might end up sitting on the throne,( which looks pretty uncomfortable, I hope they have cushions!:D)

11. Arnie83

Arnie83 PetForums VIP

Don't worry, I'm not reading all the latest on here, but it has been impossible not to learn a few things in the (literally) years that have passed since he last wrote a book. Last I read Jon Snow was lying dead, but the actor seems still to be enjoying gainful employment!

I think the plots of the books and of the TV series have diverged, which makes it tricky for Mr Martin. My bet would be that the next book will not happen.

Magyarmum likes this.
  12. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I'm sorry @Jackie C , but this made me chuckle:

"Jon Snow/Aegon Targarayen
    He's too miserable to live. "

I also didn't enjoy the later books, felt like he'd completely lost his way with them.

Jackie C likes this.
  13. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I think GRRM is great with characters, and the producers of the TV show are great with stories. The combination is great for the TV show.

I don't know if the book will happen, either. GRRM is not in the best of health. I would read a new book if it did come out, but I don't think I could be arsed if it was another three books before the end. The TV show has gone off in a new direction to the book, although it's difficult to judge due to the final book ending where it did. Some things are similar/the same. I think the overall ending of the TV show is what GRRM was aiming for in his books, if he finished them.

I'm on nights Sunday, Monday (7.30pm to 8am), so finishing at 8am on Tuesday morning. NO INTERNET FOR ME until I've seen it!! The rest of the series, I'm fine, in that I'm not on nights or not on long days over Sunday to Tuesday, so I won't miss it. Still going to have to be careful on a Monday, as it aires early Monday morning 2am-ish (BST) world-wide, so spoilers are going to be out there!!!

14. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Another theory I meant to mention, is that I think Serio Forrell (Arya's sword teacher in the 1st series) is alive. He's actually Jaqen H'ghar, one of the faceless men of Bravvos. I feel he's an important character who will appear in the final series.

I've just been watching a video on you tube which reckons Tyrion will be King. GRRM said that the clues to the endings are in the first book. In the scene in the first book (and also in the TV series) where Tyrion and Jon are together at Winterfell when there is the Kings party inside, and Tyrion comes out of the party and talks to Jon, calling him a bastard. Well, at the end of that chapter, it says something on the lines of, "When Tyrion walks back into the hall, a shadow casts, and for one second, Tyrion is tall as a King."

15. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

Who was he before he became no one and how would anyone capture him?

Jackie C likes this.
  16. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I'm confused. I thought he was dead.

I know this won't be good for the OP but I still think that Jon Snow will end up on the throne. He is after all the proper heir.

Jackie C likes this.
  17. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

I’m talking about Jaqen H’gar, I wonder if we’ll find out who he was, how he got captured (if he did) and what he was doing in King’s Landing.

There seems to be way too many questions to be answered in one season. What will they do with Gendry I wonder?

Jackie C likes this.
  18. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Yeah, It does seem a stretch that they can pull all the threads together.

Where did it leave Gendry?

Jackie C likes this.
  19. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

I’m just watching season 7 again as a refresher.

I think we’ll find out what the Night King wants, Dany will rule the world, Jon Snow will lead the undead back to the North and Tyrion and Gendry will destroy the iron throne and start a republic with no king and no throne. Gendry is a blacksmith, so smelting the Iron throne into something else should be easy for him, maybe it’ll just be broken and left symbolic reminder of what power does. ;)

Jackie C likes this.
  20. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Potentially. Despite my predictions, I do think he is one of the most likely.

Re: Jaqen H'gar/Serio Forrell: We don't see SF actually die. JH and SF are similar characters, and both saw something in Arya. I think JH wanted Arya to go back to Winterfell, rather than becoming a faceless assassin. There is something about this character(s) that I'd love to see return and tie-up a loose end.

I think Gendry is far more important than we think, and it's pretty obvious he's going to forge Valarian steel. I don't know what is going to happen at the end with him, though. Good character. Maybe him and Arya will marry? Maybe they'll rule the north together? Maybe Gendry will die? He's either going finish as someone with importance (maybe the cheif blacksmith at Kingslanding), or dead.

At the end of one of the series, when Bran met the three-eyed Raven, he said, "You will not walk, but you will fly." I think Bran will control one of the dragons, maybe Viscerion, who was transformed by the Night King. Maybe he dies when he's controlling the dragon?

I have numerous predictions, however, I am prepared for them all to be completely wrong!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice