Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New eating position

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Charity, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Bunty has definitely taken a few steps back recently since the cats next door arrived which is such a shame when things were just going well. Besides the fact she is more on edge in the garden, she isn't eating properly again, mostly just having a couple of bites then leaving the rest. Sometimes she goes back and eats a bit more but she never finishes a whole dish which ends up in the bin. Also, she is definitely nibbling her legs again. :( The only time she seems really relaxed is when she's resting with Toppy during the daytime or I am making a fuss of her.

This evening I put down her food in her usual place in the kitchen but she just went off to the spare room where she sleeps every evening until nearly bedtime. She seems more relaxed there I suppose because its totally quiet. Because it worries me when she doesn't eat, I thought I would try taking her dish into the spare room to see if she would eat if undisturbed. She was in the middle of washing herself so I put the dish in her bed and left her to it. I couldn't resist taking these photos (not very good as I'm way down the hall) as she stopped mid wash but couldn't be bothered to put her leg down while she ate though I think it got a bit tiring after five minutes. The brilliant thing is she finished the whole dish. Yay! Think that might be the answer from now on. Keeping fingers crossed. :D

IMG_3162.JPG

IMG_3161.JPG

IMG_3160.JPG

2. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

:Hilarious Oh bless her, the lazy girl!

Charity likes this.
  3. Shrike

Shrike Brooke's faithful manservant

They're funny when they get distracted in the middle of something!
    Barney, our old family cat used to sit on the sofa like a human to wash his belly. If a sound distracted him he could look up and sit, with tongue out, for a minute or so! Sadly this was waaay before camera phones and the like so I have no pictures, but still smile at the memory!

Charity likes this.
  4. Forester

Forester trained by Dylan

Bless her. It sounds as though she might appreciate breakfast in bed in the mornings.:)

Charity likes this.
  5. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

What an interesting position :Hilarious

Really pleased to hear she's eaten a full meal :D location make a huge difference to appetites here as well.

Paddypaws and Charity like this.
  6. Custard Mite

Custard Mite PetForums Junior

Hehe brilliant, clever girl, and glad the idea worked to get her eating all her dins at least....there was a time ( MANY, MANY moons ago) when I could probably have managed that very same party trick myself! :Hilarious

Twinklepaws and Charity like this.
  7. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Good girl Bunty, good move on your part too Charity. I'm not keen on change either, so I can sympathise with Bunty.

I hope she keeps up the good work. X

Charity likes this.
  8. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

It looks like a yoga pose! So glad that she polished off the whole dish.

Charity likes this.
  9. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Aww she is such a sweetie!!
    Room service lol I hope that's the answer.
    Huck gets irritated when Grace and Little H keep barging him out of the way when he's trying to eat (they don't even want his half the time) so he now gets private dining lol!!

Charity and Gwen9244 like this.
  10. immum

immum PetForums Member

Speaking of eating positions, here is Indie having her supper a few weeks ago....luckily she eats quite quickly!

indie eating 2017.jpg

11. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

12. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

I'm so glad a change worked to get her eating! Let's hope it lasts.

There's a story behind this, and I'd love to hear it!

13. immum

immum PetForums Member

Not really a story, sorry! Indie has always loved to get on people's backs, and will even sit and "ride" on my daughter's back. She can also be stubborn about eating, even when really hungry likes you to take the food to wherever she is at the time. As Indie was sitting on my daughter's back I put the food there for a laugh really, didn't expect her to settle down and eat it!

Custard Mite, Babyshoes and Charity like this.
  14. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Ha ha! Love this. I think they will eat anywhere they feel comfortable.

Babyshoes likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice