Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New duck owner

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by Featherfinder, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Featherfinder

Featherfinder PetForums Newbie

Just adopted a pair of really cute ducklings about a week ago. I was hoping to find anymore duck owners to talk to and get tips for raising my ducklings. :)

2. chickenrun

chickenrun PetForums Member

Hi there

Cool cool :D
    I just got rid of some ducklings the other day that i hatched out, hopefully got some more hatching out in 3 weeks.

what breed are they and you got any pics?

If you need any help just ask the questions and myself or others on here will be happy to help.

good luck with raising your ducklings it will be happy memories all the way.

cheers mitch

3. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

have you ever had mandrian ducks? are these hard to come by?

4. chickenrun

chickenrun PetForums Member

Yeah i had manderins and carolinas last year, I wouldnt say they are not hard to come by it all depends on the breeding the year before as the weather does affect there breeding if it was a good year you will you pick them up easy.

They can be expensive aswell up to £100 a pair sometimes more you will pick them up for around £50-£60 a pair, you just need to look around on the internet, I knew someone who had some so got mine from them.

cheers mitch

5. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

can they live with aylsbery ducks do you think? if they had a big enclosure and plenty things to climb as mandirans are perching ducks arnt they?

6. shazdog

shazdog PetForums Newbie

hi i have got two ducks an Aylesbury minture and a minture crested duck they are brill ive had some bad advise and really good advise all i can say is they are a pleasure to own if you need any help ill give you all the good advise ive had :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice