Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New dog owner help required!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by puggymama, Jan 25, 2008.

1. puggymama

puggymama PetForums Newbie

Hi all,
    I'm a first time mummy for a beautiful 12 week old pug. She is an absolutely great little character but has a tendancy to only hear what she wants to. She is housebroken and is gradually becomming more and more confident. Although she has a very strong will and likes doing what she wants, I have tried to be firm with her and show leadership. Her bite inhibition is getting better, but I have noticed that when i scold her for chewing on cables or on peoples clothes she gets all mouthy and tries to bite. She isnt a fan of being told what to do at all and even some of the exercises to show her who is dominant dont seem to be working on her. I am really trying to do right by her and raise her to be a calm healthy well adjusted dog. She also tends to freak out when I leave her and gets really anxious for a while. Even though I thought she was getting better at it, I can close the door when i go into the bathroom and she willl be outside kicking up a helluva noise. I try not to open the door until she is quiet, but its getting to the point where I worry about my neighbours complaining because she sounds as if shes in pain she is howling and crying so badly. Does anyone have any advice? I love her to bits but she is really hard work a the moment and i find myself forcing myself to be patient with her and then snapping at my boyfriend (poor him)
    All advice is very welcome!

D:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Firstly a warm welcome to you and your pug pooch:)Since i know zilch about pugs or much about pooches,i don't think i could personally offer any advice which you haven't already tried. As difficult as it is persistence is worth while but if you go on the dog forums i am sure people will be able to advise/guide you in your quest or failing that have you researched your dogs breed characteristics so you'll be well equipped to decide on the how best to train your dog,wish you every success(you will get their:)) and look forward to hearing how you both get on and of course piccy's:)

3. Welcome! Love your little baby's picture - booooootiful!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice