Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Dangerous Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Snoringbear, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

WTF??

Nearly everyone around here has those. All Mercs have the little disc thing on the front dont they? I dont see the difference.

3. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

LOL ..... I can imagine him "crossing swords" over a parking issue.

Instead of the parcel shelf, I would have put him on the dashboard, he can still lead the way from there.

4. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Do police etc not drive around with cameras there on their cars? I saw him on the news not long ago but I wasn't really paying attention.

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Eh?! I'd love to see someone say that to a rolls royce owner!!

It's great to see our tax money pays these people their salaries...do they just smoke dope all day? :eek:ut:

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I heard of this before. Apparently they had to change the way the ones on car bonnets and etc were made, so they fold on impact, or are made of lighter material, because if you hit someone they can really hurt a person.

x

7. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

I would imagine that the bumper and 40 mph would do more damage to a pedestrian in an accident than a little statue?!

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yeah I know I thought it was silly but can you imagine if you just got bumped, and went across the bonnet? Those things could probably rip your arm open or impale you if you landed on it!

x

9. Dundee

Dundee Banned

As silly as it may seem, this could make any injuries much worse if someone went over the bonnet.

But they are not fixed - they give on impact. This is fixed.

10. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Having a Mercedes, the little disc, happens to be the "Mercedes Benz emblem" and is made of plastic and it will fall off, if involved in an accident.

UOTE=sequna;87423232]Eh?! I'd love to see someone say that to a rolls royc owner!!
    [/QUOTE]

I think you'll find that when at Rolls Royce's "Sprit of Ecstacy" folds down as soon as the car moves.

11. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

Im thinking the last thing somone rolling over your car bonnet is thinking is "what if I get scratched by the f****ing dog" :idea:

Whats worse - getting hit by a car or getting hit by a car with an ornamental dog on it.?? Like theres a major difference ;) Bit silly really when you can have landrovers with tyres on the front, not to mention sapdes!! I dont know why someone would complain over this, they really mustnt have much going on :D

12. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

13. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

So what about the Jaguars that have a chrome sticky-out jaguar at the front of the bonnet? Newer car emblems may fold, but the old ones certainly don't, and they are still legally on the road. There are still some vintage motorbikes driving round with a metal front number plate on top of the front mudguard that would slice into a pedestrian (which is why bikes no longer have front number plates). They would exacerbate injuries to pedestrians in an accident, but are still legal. I suppose the difference is that the stick-on dog emblem is an addition to the form in which the vehicle was manufactured.

14. Dundee

Dundee Banned

It's a modification - and probably a recent one which will make a difference.

15. Yogi B

Yogi B PetForums Member

I have to agree with you there. The jaguar cat actually sticks out in the center as can actually pierce someone if they were to be struck by the car. That is far more dangerous than a 2 inch small chrome dog on the hood. Sounds very petty to me that they would make an issue of this when other vehicles on the road are more likely to do far more damage. Besides, most people struck by vehicles are either hit and knocked away by the front of the vehicle or are launched in the air and nearly over the vehicle. Others through tests have been found to be launched and land on the windshield. Rarely are they ever hit and finds themselves going up the hood.

16. Dundee

Dundee Banned

I suspect that is because of their age that it is still legal, rather like the cases with seatbelts. In an older car that wasn't fitted with seatbelts you don't have to wear them or have them fitted, but with newer cars where they are fitted as standard then you have to wear them.

Do Jags still have them - I don't think I've seen one for years, they all seem to have badges now?

17. Dundee

Dundee Banned

I think you're right there, but it IMO, it is unnecessary and where does one draw the line. Is a two inch figurine ok, but a three or four inch one not? Better to not allow it in the first place. One of my bugbears has always been bullbars - although you rarely see them now, they were quite fashionable at one time. I'm so glad they outlawed them.

18. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

19. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

If a car passes the MOT then it is legal.

Whether a car passes an MOT will depend on the nature of the mascot, its position on the vehicle and its propensity to cause injury. There is no blanket ban even on newer cars.

Mascots and English Law - Tailor made trophies and awards, car mascots and hood ornaments.

20. davehyde

davehyde Banned

jobsworth coppers who act before they check out the law methinks. lots of them about.
    if you disagree or argue they do you for a breach of the peace.

numpties.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice