Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Cats!

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by whiskers011, Jan 16, 2012.

1. whiskers011

whiskers011 PetForums Newbie

Hi All,
    Just wanted to update after I posted on here a few months ago. I was looking to rehome a maine coon, but after some helpful responses ended up looking at ragdolls instead. I was put in touch with the lady in my area who rehomes them, and agreed the best way forward.
    This Friday I will be picking up 2 beautiful ragdolls (brother & sister) who have been very definitely worth the wait!
    Two reasons for me putting this post up (photos will follow), I have been mightily impressed with the dedication of the people who work with these (and all other) cats trying to find forever homes. I have noticed some comments about people who were frustrated with the length of time they have had to wait to adopt, or to get contacted. It is worth the wait - please be patient!! I have no doubt at all that I wouldnt have been offered my 2 if they werent suitable for me and my environment - which saves me hassle, getting an animal with unknown problems and potentially having to hand them back in the future.
    Also I am now also aware of the amount of time and effort (and money!) goes into rescuing unwanted animals and can certainly understand why Anne (my cat lady :D) was initially hard to get a hold of - they're not being rude - they just have a lot to do! I know I couldnt do it - but will be helping when needed.
    So - many thanks to everyone who gave me advice on my first posting, this site has been incredibly useful and an eye opener!!

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I think I know the lady you are talking about.If i'm right she helped me ,as did China Blue,when I had some fairly severe behaviour problems with my Raggie Meeko.I agree they do amazing work with their rehoming and Raggie welfare,.Good to read that you will soon be a proud slave to two wonderful Raggies.

3. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

i am so pleased that you have two raggies coming to live with you, you will not be disappointed as they are lovely cats. i have owned or are owned by raggies for the past 15 years and although i now have wegies as well, i have decided that when i do go for another cat (which unfortunately wont be yet) i am going for a rescue raggie.( i have had three already)
    keep us informed with pictures and great to hear your good news

4. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Pleased you are finally getting the cats you have wished for. Our Group does try hard to match the cats with the homes so sometimes you do have to wait a little while. Also, some people don't realise that a number of us do also work so we have to fit in everything else around our day jobs. All our volunteers work hard and tirelessly (as does everyone else involved in the rescue and rehoming all over - dogs/cats/horses etc) but it is nice when people make positive comments about our work - so thank you!:D
    We will of course, by the way, expect to see lots of piccies!!:yesnod:

5. whiskers011

Ok - how on earth do I upload photos??! i'm really not good at this at all :0(
    HELP!!!!

6. Ian B

Ian B PetForums VIP

Hi,

On the row of symbols above the Reply box, just left click the *paper-clip* style one on the right of the Smilie. This will open another box > Choose File under Upload File From Your Computer, select your pic then click upload. Wait a few seconds and that's it.

You can always use Photobucket, etc as a alternative, but the above is easier.

Ian

7. whiskers011

Hi Ian,
    I'm definitely missing something here 'cause I cant see the smilie icon and the only options ive got (insert image & insert link) are both asking me for URL links. Im going to have one more shot at this then im done!

Thanks for trying - I maybe a lost cause....!!
    d

8. jenny armour

well i have a photo bucket acc cant wait to see the pictures i assume they are with you now?

9. Ian B

Ian B PetForums VIP

Hi,

Don't fret, we've all been there regarding forums and pics.

Have a look at the attached pic, the, ahem, arrow is pointing to the paper clip style symbol I mentioned before. Just click that and follow the instructions I gave in my first post

[​IMG]

Ian

10. whiskers011

Aahhhhh - I see - I am such a plank, I was going in via 'quick reply' which doesnt give these options and not using the 'quote' option....... numptyheed indeed :0)!!
    Thank you for your patience - honestly I am actually a fairly intelligent person.
    sometimes...!

11. whiskers011

bailey.jpg

bella and bailey.jpg

belly.jpg

ok - hope this has worked!! The first one is Bailey, second one is bella & bailey (bella has no tail) and the third is them 24 hours after getting them - think they feel comfortable :0) they are now collectively known as 'Belly'!!

12. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

They are gorgeous :001_wub:,how old are they :)

13. whiskers011

one and a half apparently - they do seem so much bigger though!

14. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

They certainly look fairly large,and do look a bit bigger than Meeko my Seal bi who will be 2 next month,but that might be more him being smallish ;) Although at 6.6kgs he's not tiny

15. whiskers011

I know! the lady I got them from was also a bit dubious about the age because of their size, but after some checks - turns out that yup, theyre just young 'uns!! got to say - cant wait to see how big they get - bigger the better! :0)
    I was also totally ignorant regarding colours and markings, feel I have really lucked out with Belly - definitely a ragdoll convert now!
    (mm - and 6.6 definitely isnt tiny!!)

16. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

:001_tt1:,wow how beautiful are they, what gorgeous blue eyes, well done you.:001_wub::001_wub:

17. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

what a beautiful pair :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1: :001_tt1:

18. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

From the photos it looks like Bailey is the blue mitted and Bella looks seal mitted.

They are gorgeous.:D

19. jenny armour

oh lucky you. you wont be disappointed they will get bigger and they wont mature until approx 4 years old. you also wont be disappointed as they make the loviest of pets

20. jenny armour

by the way did they come from ragdoll rescue?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice