Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catzz, May 23, 2010.

1. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

We picked up our new little cats on Friday. They're settling in well :) Mum is around 10 months and is called Gypsy (Well Gypsy Rose for little Rosie but known as Gypsy) and baby is called Kyra which is gaelic for Little dark one. They're lovely. They're not our little Rosie but I wouldn't expect them to be. Mum has a lovely nature, wants to be everyone's friend and purrs as soon as you put a hand on her. Kyra is a little more nervous but I'm sure she'll come round is a day or so - she's already so much more confident. They get on well and Mum is great with little one.

I do have one question having not had such a little one before. She's 10 weeks old. She's weaned and everything but she does keep trying to suckle mum. Mum has no problem with this. Is it possible that mum still has milk at this time and she's getting milk or is it more of a comfort thing for both of them? How would I tell? Mum was spayed a week or so ago - would that make a difference? SOrry if this sounds thick - it's just inexperience :)

2. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I would say it's more of a comfort thing but hopefully others can tell you more!

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awww they sound lovely

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

aww it does sound like a comfort thing. Most vets wont spay until the mums milk has dried up anyway so its just habit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice