Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New cat owner says hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kurlach, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Kurlach

Kurlach Guest

Hi all,
    First time on this forum, so I thought I would start by introducing myself.

I'm a 30yr old guy living in Essex, and in the past I've always had dogs. Mostly Rottweilers, English Bull Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. However, I'm now living in an apartment and a friend of mine suggested a cat.

So, to cut a long story short, I have two 12week old orientals kittens (half siamese, half bsh). Both are boys (Leonidas and Ramses) and are Very inquisitive and playful, but also love to just curl up beside me fall asleep.

As these are my first cats, I'll probably end up asking lots of stupid questions, so I hope everyone can bear with me :)

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF...hope you enjoy your stay...;) See in the cat section then..:D

3. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

welcome to the forums :D

4. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

5. Shelley Cat Lover

Shelley Cat Lover PetForums Member

Welcome to the forum :D

6. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum. Oh Siamese kitties, always loved them, had one when I was young.

7. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Hi there, welcome to PF.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your cats growing up in the cat section. :D

8. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome :)

Orientals and Siamese are my favourite cats, and I used to breed them years ago. I'm currently owned by a very lovely slender white moggy named Cuba. And my dog, of course!

Would love to see some pics of your crew - hope you enjoy your stay here :D

9. Lulu's owner

Lulu's owner PetForums VIP

Hi, welcome to the forum. Interesting names, what made you think of them?

10. WalterKitty

WalterKitty PetForums Member

hi.im new here too.your kitties sound lovely.great names but if people hear you calling for leonida theyll think youre craving chocolate.

11. Kurlach

Kurlach Guest

Pics will be coming up today :D

12. Kurlach

Kurlach Guest

Hiya :) I was wracking my brains for names, bouncing ideas off a friend of mine and came across them. The reasoning is a bit off on a tagent, so bear with me ;)

Ramses - I was watching the Watchmen the other day (huge fan), and thinking about Ozymandias, the Greek spelling for RamsesII (or Ramesses). Always liked Egyptian history and it just stuck in my mind.

Leonidas - A bit of a less interesting reason for this one.. I was watching 300.. (yes, I watch a lot of films!). But tbh, he just 'seems' like a Leonidas, always jumping about, play-fighting with his brother, and he is the bigger of the two.

13. Lulu's owner

Lulu's owner PetForums VIP

I've not heard of these films, but it's as good a way as any to choose your cat's name. Mine have just got nice-sounding human names, Lulu, Louis and Bertie. I find two syllables are enough when you're trying to call the little monkeys in at three in the morning!

14. Kurlach

Kurlach Guest

Cuba - great name! :) I am slowly uploading piccies on my profile. Thanks for the welcome :D

15. rottiesloveragdolls

welcome to the mad house :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice