Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Cat Intro [with pics!!]

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Iduna, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Iduna

Iduna PetForums Member

Hi

I've been lurking a while and thought I should introduce my wee mannie :)

I originally joined looking for information about looking after my new kitten and found so much that he is now crazy happy :D

I posted on the Supreme thread as we will be attending as visitors, not least because his breeder will be there but also so we can see some of these lovely breeds and cats I've been reading so much about (methinks Coonies, Raggies, Mezzers ....) Having said that, we did our breed research before getting our boy and love both him and the breed.

Onto the introduction proper as recommended ;)

Tullie (short for Tullibardine, a Perthshire whisky distillery as we thought his colour suited it) is now a year old and has been with us since early March. He is an peach marbled (as opposed to spotted) Australian Mist, a new breed to the UK (having arrived in 2007) from Australia [funnily enough :rolleyes:] It is a modern created breed from Burmese, Abyssinian and Tabby Domestic cats. They just received preliminary status with the GCCF in April, which means we can now show them :w00t:

Anyway, enough about the technicalities and onto the payment in pics for reading this book sized post :eek:

It is so difficult to get pics that show his markings and colouring properly!

Attached Files:

2. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Welcome!
    Tullie is gorgeous!
    Looking forward hearing more about him and his new breed.

3. Emmeow

Emmeow PetForums Senior

Hello :)

He is rather beautiful and your cat shelves are perfect to display him on ;)

Do you plan to show him?

4. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

Gorgeous boy :001_wub:

5. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

He's stunning :)

6. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

How BEAUTIFULL is he!

I only heard about the Australian Mist recently and had only seen a handfull of pictures online, but he is a STUNNER!

7. Iduna

Iduna PetForums Member

Aww, thank you all so much :blush: You are too kind :eek: and Tullie apprciates it too, though he knows he's georgous as everyone who meets him tells him so!

The cat wall was a creation of my OH as a solution to Tullie wanting up on the wardrobe unit and living in a rented house - so no holes in the wall. He loves it and will regularly start running in the living room, all the way up the stairs, turn in the back bedroom as he's going too fast to stop at the top, all the way along the hallway, into the bedroom, up the wall, along the wardrobe and only stops because he'll fall off!! At which point he looks down at me as if to say 'how did I get here?' and yell that it's not fair, where's the greeble he was chasing? lol

We do plan to show him, hopefully at West Country in Weston in Jan. Just need to run it by his breeder first :p She's in Derby so hasn't seen him since he was a kitten and might object :huh:

We think he is the most beautiful, loveable boy ever and will continue to do so no matter anything.

As you can see from the first pic, he was the sweetist kitten I'd ever set eyes on. That sweetheart face had us head over heels from the off :001_tt1:, not even his littermates could compete!

Attached Files:

8. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

I saw these for the first time at a show about a month ago. Nice to have one join PF. He's lovely, and so are your shelves!

#8 Jonescat, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  9. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

If i wasnt in south devon i would be wanting to see him asap cos he is so handsome!!!

10. Chiantina

Chiantina PetForums VIP

I guess she'd only object if she doesn't think he is up to standard. If he is, she may well be very pleased as it is her prefix that gets out there!!

I know both breeders of my Burmese have been over the moon that I show them!

11. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

Tullie is georgeous

12. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

What a stunning cat :001_tt1: I love his colouring - really suits his name :001_wub: (she says, knowing a little about whisky ;))

13. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

How Hansome is that young man :) and welcome to the Forum :)

14. Calinyx

Calinyx PetForums VIP

What a gorgeous wee lad....:001_tt1:

Love the climbing wall too...what a great idea!

15. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Aw he is stunning what a lovely colour :001_tt1:

16. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

what a pretty cat, gorgeous colour.

17. Iduna

Iduna PetForums Member

Thank you for saying so, that's how we feel.
    I have a cupboard full of it, my fav drink! Which can be a problem living so far down south ... internet is my friend! Except all my drink money goes on Tullie lol

That's the reaction I'm expecting but I know I should give her the option. Also we will only continue if he seems to enjoy it but would love to try :) We found the mists after doing a search for burmese, so it could have been a close run thing!

When I get up to enough posts, I'll pm you and we'll see how far apart we are. Tullie regularly comes on trips with us and is quite happy traveling. He even came on holiday to Edinburgh with us when we went up for the All Black game and to catch up with friends/family.

OH has just come home from work and is impressed at the responces and that people like his cat wall creation. He's fairly chuffed actually, as am I. Always nice to know you're not the only one who thinks so :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice