Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New cat hostile towards resident cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by allycan, Nov 2, 2019.

1. allycan

allycan PetForums Junior

Hi! My resident cat Space is 7 and has lived with me for 4 years, he is very social and is showing signs of missing the neighbours cat since they moved (the cat and mine would snuggle during the days when I was at work, play together, etc). Space is half Siamese, very sociable & passive. As I thought he'd need a companion I got a new cat 5 days ago, Wolf, a 6 year old tabby. Wolf spent the first couple days hiding under the bed, but is now find with me. I eventually did scent swaps on towels, and peeking through doors. Tonight they met, Space is really interested, but new boy Wolf is growling and hissing and has no interest in Space. I'm really worried about this... Any tips, and will it get better? I'd love it if they were friends and not just eventually tolerant of eachother .. but I am worried that may not happen. Thanks!

2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

You may get more help, if you repost this on Cat Chat.

3. allycan

allycan PetForums Junior

Thanks, done!

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice