Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New cat has arrived!! :D (with near disaster!)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MySugar, Jul 30, 2009.

1. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

It's finally Thursday and he is finally here! :D I'm pleased that my son agreed to renaming him Teddy.
    We almost had an absolute disaster when we arrived home, he got out of his cat carrier and ran across a road which is just by a main road :eek: As he has only met me once before I was terrified he would not come to me. He looked confused and wandered up someone's driveway, moving away from me as I approached. I slowly walked towards him calling by his previous name (Prince). To my absolute relief he stood and let me pick him up, carry him back across the road and get him back into the carrier (bit of a struggle to close it!).

I cannot even begin to explain my relief!! I had nightmares of having to tell his previous owner i'd lost him :blushing: I'm so so so relieved he let me pick him up.

I knew I needed a new pet carrier but today has just shown me how in need I am of one :blushing:

He is currently in a room with glass panelled wooden doors between him and Pepper. They have so far seen each other through the glass panes but seem pretty uninterested so i'm hoping they will be ok once intoduced.
    Pepper is mega happy with her new scratch post and Teddy is content after eating a tasty Feline Fair pouch and having some attention :)

I'm just wondering now how long I leave it before opening the doors?

I'll add more picks when I find the camera lead. This one is from the Gumtree ad where I found him.

[​IMG]

2. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

lovely cat, he looks mischevious on that photo lol x

3. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you :D He does doesn't he. But Pepper is the mischevious one! She is a real little minx.
    Teddy seems pretty chilled (in his previous home too). He is 2 and a half and used to cats and kids so is pretty laid back :)

4. nurseberyl

nurseberyl PetForums Member

Ahh hes so cute. Im glad he has survived his first day with you! thats one lucky cat

5. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you :) He is really affectionate and rubs all up our legs.
    I'm thinking about letting them meet tomorrow. Pepper is very curious about him and they have tried to get into the same room.

I'm very nervous though and really hoping it goes well!

6. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

It looks as though they will be fine. When my cats saw strange cats through the glass in the door to the garden they used to put their shackles up straight away and start growling. If they are not doing that they will probably be okay.
    Sharon
    x

7. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Ooh thanks Sharon. I hope you are right. The fact none of them has shown any behaviour like that is what is making me think about allowing them to meet tomorrow.
    Teddy has lived with numerous cats and is really chilled out. Pepper used to live with another cat but has been with us for 4 weeks so was a little worried incase she forgot it's ok to share your home!
    Well, we'll see tomorrow. I'm hoping they will become firm friends :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice