Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Cat Chatter!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Art's Girl, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Art's Girl

Art's Girl PetForums Newbie

Hi to everyone,
    I just registered with the forum as i want to share my love for my animals and this seems like a good place to do it!!
    I'm a maine coon maniac! My beloved boy, Arthur (hence my name, Art's girl :)) is the maine man in my life! Lol
    I wanted to hear about other maine coons, as Arthur is my first one and i want to know if everyone is as lucky as i am! He's just over two years old and i love him to bits!
    So hey everyone, just wanted to say hello.

2. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

Welcome :)

I don't have maine coons, they are truly gorgeous though :) Both of mine are moggies but one day I would love to have a bengal.

There's only one rule here and that is that you have to post lots of pics ^^

River x

3. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

4. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

5. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

HI, welcome all good things here, no maincoons but a beautiful Birman, all the best.;)

6. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

We used to have a maine coon named Moe aka Moe Poe

he was basically a rug carpet on the kitchen floor. Sadly he past away a few yrs ago. Right now i just have my 3 plus my mom's cat.

7. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

Hi and welcome......I'm a BSH lover and proud of it..lol..but I'm sure maine coons are lovely too! :D

8. aella851

aella851 PetForums Junior

welcome, i only joined a few days ago, been reading on maine coons and they certainly look like a friendly giant cat :)

9. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I have an MC. She's totally bonkers as am I as I am hooked. :D

10. Cyberfyn

Cyberfyn PetForums VIP

Dexter (10 months) and Honey (7 months) say hi!

Great cat's arn't they?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's have a pic of the big boy then.

Ian.

11. Art's Girl

Art's Girl PetForums Newbie

This is a couple of pics of my beloved Arthur! Its only taken on my phone so not as clear as i'd like it but you'll get the general idea.
    Gorgeous hey??

Attached Files:

#11 Art's Girl, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  12. rottiesloveragdolls

welcome to the mad house :p

13. Kipp

Kipp PetForums Junior

Hi there!,

I have had DSH cats for yrs until I adopted a MC 5 yrs ago called KIM (pictures are on my profile, please feel free to look). Sadly, Kim passed away last yr and I couldn't handle the shear silence in the house a MC's are rather vocal to say the least!!!!. I then purchased 2 more a boy and a girl and yes you are right in saying how much you get attached to them. They really are adorable puss cats - and SO very intellegent creatures. Almost dog like intelligence and can be VERY demaining at times, but I wouldn't swap them for the world.

I am looking at another MC (a solid just like Kim was), as at the moment I have two Tabby Torties.

My boy (Mak) is only 16mths but is growing into a HUGE lad. Gosh knows how big he will be at full size in 3yrs!, but his Sire was a chunky cat and Mak appears to have followed suit!. Tilly the girl, is a real girly girl - not as big even though shes 2mths older, but the boy's tend to be bigger anyhow.

I too am Maine Coon smitten!!!!! :)

Tip for you.....

Try playing FETCH. I get an empty crisp packet, tie 2 big knots in it (not too small for chocking reasons) then throw it across the room - shout FETCH - and be amazed..... they will bring it back as a dog would. Then start again and again and again, hours of endless fun for both of you!!!!!

Give it a try and i'd love to know how you get on.

Love,
    Kipp x :)

14. jaxx

jaxx PetForums VIP

I love MC's and would love one once I've got the space. Cyberfyn and Art's Girl you've got some gorgeous kitties there.

15. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i have a MC girl called Graycie and she is a comlete mummys girl. She is quite happy for people to go and pet her and give her attention as long as they dont try lifting her whereas with me i cant sit anywhere without her trying to jump on my lap, she shouts at me if i am on the phone and ignoring her

16. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

I have 2 adopted MCs. I wanted adults as i knew I could not give a kitten the attention it should have.

I adopted a returned kitten but one who had stayed with the breeder for 18 months and an ex queen. The queen is very small of a MC (pedigree is not in question) but the male is large but slim and has a verrrrry long tail which he wraps round himself with loads to spare when sitting.

I first had a MC in 1993 when they were much rarer and the temperment and dog-like charactistics just won over everybody in my family

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice