Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Bunny - Sits in his pee?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by suzie moore, Oct 9, 2020.

1. suzie moore

suzie moore PetForums Newbie

We are new rabbit owners - our bun is almost 12 weeks old, holland lop. He eats and drinks well - only pellets and hay and has good energy- seems healthy....but he pees everywhere, and sometimes he just pees and doesn't notice and will just sit there in it. His paws are stained yellow, even though we pick up after him all the time - never sitting there for long. And we wipe up with paper towel and put it all in the litter box.

I don't mind cleaning up the mess - and hopefully he'll catch on to using the litter box at some point...but I worry that he doesn't even know he pees, and would love for his little white paws to not be yellow...but being a new rabbit owner I don't know if this is normal?? Any advice would help - thanks!!

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

Boy bunnies, before they're neutered, are mucky little spraying monsters. With excellent aim. It may be worth a vet check though to make sure it is just him being a mucky brat and not a urinary tract infection or something similar causing incontinence.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice