Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New bunny isn't eating or drinking

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Ebony Kirkland, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Ebony Kirkland

Ebony Kirkland PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I got a Netherland dwarf boy yesterday who is 10 weeks old. Since getting him he hasn't drank any water or eating anything. I received change over food from the breeder and I have put water into a bottle and a bowl to see which he preferred but still nothing. What do I do? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Merixie

Merixie PetForums Member

How do your bunny act and how do the droppings look like. I know my netherland dwarf when I got him as a kit only ate food when I wasn’t in the room. I could hear him eat in the middle of the night. I remember he had really small droppings it looked like small pepper corns but after 3 days he picked up eating normally.

They are quite stress when moving to a new home and it’s good to let them settle down and keep an eye on him.

If you can see droppings and urine in some spots, your bunny is eating and drinking. If you don’t find any yet, it’s good to force feed or try to get him to eat a bit of pellets. So he don’t go into a GI stasis.

3. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

Keep him somewhere quiet and peaceful and don't fuss him too much - it can take a week or two for them to settle into a new routine. Keep a very close eye though as stress can indeed bring on stasis. It's a big shock moving to a new home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice