Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

new boy to foster!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lucysnewmum, May 27, 2010.

1. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

hi everyone...
    Stella got her forever home on Tuesday and she is settling in really well according to the telephone conversation today. am so pleased for her. she is a lovely little girl.

today i went to pick up my foster lurcher. he hadnt even got a proper name bless him. he is desperatley thin, his ribs, spine and hips are sticky out but he is here...and he is a sweetie! we are calling him Bertie as this was the first name that he responded to (having tried several zillion others!). not much is known about him other than he was just straying. his fur was in desperate need of a sorting out as his undercoat was shedding. my friend, my daughter and i spent over an hour this afternoon with the old finger and thumbs, stripping him out....he looks much better already. Lucy greeted her new friend with her usual enthusiasm and lots of kisses. They are getting on really well. Bertie has made himself at home and enjoyed his first walk in the woods this afternoon. He has no recall whatsoever so is on lead for now. Back to basics for this little chap! Training starts in earnest tomorrow so i will keep you posted. As always i will be keeping a log of all the activities we do so that when he finds his new home they will have a programme to follow to keep the training up. He will be with me for a while I think as he is booked in to be fixed on Monday (ssshhhhh...i havent told him yet!).

here are his first pics.

Bertie  in need of a brush.jpg

Bertie best side.jpg

edited.jpg

Bertie and lucy getting cozy.jpg
    :thumbup:

2. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Oh wow! The difference in him is amazing!

Such a sad story :( on a lighter note i love the name Bertie :thumbup:

He is beautiful. Well done hun for helping these poor dogs. You are making a big difference xxxx

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

He's beautiful well done for what you're doing for these dogs

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Bless him hes lovely! Fab name as well :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice