Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New baby!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by malouska, May 8, 2010.

1. malouska

malouska PetForums Newbie

Brought home my kitten today. He is absolutely adorable (although he has completely pinched my fluffy bathrobe!). I'm a bit worried 'cos my three year old cat reacted really badly when she saw him. She acted so out of character, hissing and growling all over the place. I've never seen her do that before - she loved next door's kitten when he arrived and even taught him how to use our cat flap! I assumed that this would mean that she wasn't very territorial - do you think she will come round? :confused1:

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aww congrats :thumbup: yeah its totally normal and she prolly accepted the neighbours cat because she knew it was only visiting and the new one isnt ;) It will take a few weeks of spitting and hissing but they will get over it maybe sooner then that but dont tell your older cat off for it, let them sort it out :)

3. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Once she settles down and realises this kitty ain't going nowhere she will accept him. Like two siblings learning to share :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice