Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Babies

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by manxbabe, Jul 10, 2009.

1. manxbabe

manxbabe PetForums Newbie

Hi, i have joined the forum site and i need some advice please.My baby rabbits are 15 days old now.And i would like to know when i can take out the nest box,and when i can i pick then up.Also when can i let mom out in the garden for a run around.Any advice would be realy greatfull.Thank you...

2. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

I picked mine up when they were very young as they kept falling out the nest, so any time now should be ok. I think you should maybe leave the nest box there, but im not 100% on that, or for how long.

3. manxbabe

thankyou for your quick answer,i might just go and do that later.

4. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

It very much depends on the mum.If she is not bothered by your presence then you can start to handle them a little but rub you r hands in her bedding first so your scent is the same.Really at 2 weeks old they need to be left alone as much as possible.I prefer to leave babies until they start to venture out on their own.I think too many people interfere too much and it is not fair on the kits or mum.
    It will not be long now and they should start to move around more so then it is fine to handle them.
    Leave the nest where it is and do not take it away until the babies are out of it permanantly.
    Mum can have a few hours away from the babies now to have a run and some grass that should not be a problem just not too long at once.

5. manxbabe

That is great advice thank you very much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice