Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Aviary

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by kevinjohnson34, Nov 27, 2012.

1. kevinjohnson34

kevinjohnson34 PetForums Newbie

I am in the middle of building my new aviary after being without one for about 15 years it will be 16ft x 6ft x 6ft and I am already planning what will go in it, this is were i need a little help previously I have kept Budgies, Zebra Finches and Canaries but this time I am contemplating Bourkes (1 pair), Napoleon Weaver (1 trio), Canaries (2 pairs) and Java sparrows, what i am asking is will these get along as I have read different articles some saying they will and others saying they won't. I have seen them together in a aviary at a zoo but the aviary was about 3 times the size of what i am building but there was also considerably more birds than i will be keeping.

2. Royal python1

Royal python1 Banned

Awesome!! :D

3. Marshmellow105

Marshmellow105 PetForums Newbie

Hi, personally I have never kept finches or other finch type birds but I have several bourkes in an aviary with kakarikis, budgies and turquosines and they all get on extremely well (although budgies do like to be the boss)! I would really recomend kakarikis, they are so comical, curious and can be very affectionate! They are great to watch and interact with. They are like an easy-to-care-for parrot! AMAZING!!

All of the birds I have mentioned above do great in the winter as long as they have a sheltered area.

Good luck and enjoy!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice