Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

new 8 wk old border collie puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by masonsfc1, Jun 23, 2009.

1. masonsfc1

masonsfc1 PetForums Newbie

Hi all, im new to all this allthough i have owned puppies before, i have heard lots of people saying that border collies are hard work and allways on the go, but how much energy should an 8 wk old puppy have???
    Mine seems to play for half hour then want to sleep for a couple of hours!!
    is this normal?? only i expected him to be nuts!!

2. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

sounds like normal puppy behaviour. How long have you had him? he'll come out his shell soon enough :D

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sounds quite normal for such a young pup. As he gets older, his energy levels will raise, so start planning now on ways to keep him amused and mentally stimulated.

4. rona

rona Guest

Ha, you wait till he's 6 months, you won't be able to keep up. :D
    Make the most of the relative peaceful puppy time :lol::lol:

5. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

God don't! I've just experienced that with Mika - no peaceful time at night. Normally he's asleep by 9:30/10 but last night he wouldn't leave us alone and was quite high!

6. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

Don't ever complain about this again!!!!!!!

Make the most of it while you can. At the minute you are at the bottom slice of the "Joy of owning a broader collie sandwich". When they run off, pester to play constantly, refuse to give in, pay no attention becasue there is a shiny thing four miles away that they can see and are generally like a bouncy ball - that's the filling and there's lots of it but it's the best bit. I am just coiming out of this bit now and into the nice thick top slice where everything falls into place but the filling taste is very much still there, you just have control ove rit and you are both on the same wave length.

Your puppy is behaving as it should.

Tip: Whilst the pup is sleeping screw everything to the floor that isn't, hook the curtains up on the rails out of the way and clear anything of value below shoudler height in preperation for later when it's engine kicks in ;);):D:D:D

7. masonsfc1

masonsfc1 PetForums Newbie

cheers everyone!! i am now off to b and q to border collie proof by back garden!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice